Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

water on computer"brain" passenger side05

Old 01-12-2015, 04:40 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bob77
Hey Guys.. Thanks for getting that info to me.. big help, I'm working a lot, takes me awhile to get back to you goys . I'll check those things.. thanks..have a ? about the picture from "07 Stang"..that second pic that you show, small "can" type device...what is it and why would it contribute to water on "car brain" and fuse box.
Thanks bobby
So I just made a quick video of it, but as this plug fills with gunk, the water gets backed up. Then when you start to drive, like in the video I posted above water pours out at the lowest point at which it can over flow. That point happens to be just above your "car brain" behind the glove box. Here's a quick video on how to get to that piece. I just ran out to a mustang we have on the lot real quick to make this for you, so sorry for the terrible quality and bad lighting.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:49 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by austinkli
So I just made a quick video of it, but as this plug fills with gunk, the water gets backed up. Then when you start to drive, like in the video I posted above water pours out at the lowest point at which it can over flow. That point happens to be just above your "car brain" behind the glove box. Here's a quick video on how to get to that piece. I just ran out to a mustang we have on the lot real quick to make this for you, so sorry for the terrible quality and bad lighting.

05-09 mustang drain plug - YouTube

Thank You so much austinkli for the video tutorial! I'm sure it will come in handy for many new Mustang owners.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:01 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang

Thank You so much austinkli for the video tutorial! I'm sure it will come in handy for many new Mustang owners.
Not a problem! I hope to be able to make some good tutorial videos soon for all kinds of things.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:07 PM
bob77

Hey Guys ..Thanks again.. ..big help, Austinkli I found the small drain outlits. under cabin filter, they were clear...have too look for those bigger drain plugs. You and 07Stang been a big help.
Thanks again bobby.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:02 PM
readytopullmyhairout

Question 2008 Mustang leaking water

Hi Guys
This is really a question rather than a reply to a post. I have a water leak in my 2008 GT Mustang and don't seem to be able to stop it. Cleaned the cowl drains and replaced the grommets with the new replacement ones ford came out with to replace the ones "they" installed on the car from the factory. Did not stop leak. Also cleaned out drain plugs and still am finding a dampness in the carpet on the passenger side.
Is there anywhere else the water leak could be coming from?
Thanks so much...
Old 01-18-2015, 04:53 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bob77
Hey Guys ..Thanks again.. ..big help, Austinkli I found the small drain outlits. under cabin filter, they were clear...have too look for those bigger drain plugs. You and 07Stang been a big help.
Thanks again bobby.
Any chance you can get a video of the water leak and post it on YouTube for us? I might be able to help diagnose if you did. Sorry it wasn't as simple as the cowl.

Originally Posted by readytopullmyhairout
Hi Guys
This is really a question rather than a reply to a post. I have a water leak in my 2008 GT Mustang and don't seem to be able to stop it. Cleaned the cowl drains and replaced the grommets with the new replacement ones ford came out with to replace the ones "they" installed on the car from the factory. Did not stop leak. Also cleaned out drain plugs and still am finding a dampness in the carpet on the passenger side.
Is there anywhere else the water leak could be coming from?
Thanks so much...
Is it a leak or a pour?
Old 01-18-2015, 07:18 PM
readytopullmyhairout

Default 2008 GT Mustang leak

I can't really say as I have not witness the water coming in, just found it, dried it up and when it rained again found the carpet wet again so I know it is leaking rain water in from somewhere. So since I don't have a carport to park it under I have been putting a car cover over it or plastic.
Anytime it rained and I didn't cover it, the windows would be fogged up and that is what alerted me to it in the first place.
I am pretty sure it is not a heater core cause this happened the first time in the summer and I have had a car that the heater core had to be replaced this is not the same thing that is happening, there is no residue on the windows only moisture.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:14 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by readytopullmyhairout
I can't really say as I have not witness the water coming in, just found it, dried it up and when it rained again found the carpet wet again so I know it is leaking rain water in from somewhere. So since I don't have a carport to park it under I have been putting a car cover over it or plastic.
Anytime it rained and I didn't cover it, the windows would be fogged up and that is what alerted me to it in the first place.
I am pretty sure it is not a heater core cause this happened the first time in the summer and I have had a car that the heater core had to be replaced this is not the same thing that is happening, there is no residue on the windows only moisture.

Heater core is fairly obvious. You'd smell antifreeze in it as well, and the rain would have nothing to do with it.

Try sitting in the car and having somebody hose the car down where you think it may be coming from. See where the leak is and if possible video it.

The water is only in the passenger side correct?
Old 01-18-2015, 09:30 PM
readytopullmyhairout

Thank you austinkli for you help. will try that tomorrow as it is night here. Will check on it and see if I can determine where the water is getting in at.
Will post back with results. Thanks so much.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:09 PM
bob77

Hey Guys...wanted to Thank Dragul and Nuke, for their help too. Thanks Guys..Austinkli nice job with video.. mine where fine, can see how water backup would
go into airfilter..I'm trying to close up all body access hole that I finding in that area.
See if that helps.. will let all know.. talk later ...bobby

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: water on computer"brain" passenger side05