Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Starting to think my car was "under optioned"

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Default Starting to think my car was "under optioned"

When I got my car back in 2012 I knew it had the Shaker 500 and that was it. After seeing some other mustangs I've noticed that my car is missing a few things. First off its missing ABS, TCS, and stability control, not that I'm complaining. I thought that was mandatory for all cars made during and after 2008. The passenger seat is manual, though they were both power seats and there are no heated seats, don't think that was an option for 05-09 models. It didn't have fog lights, not sure if that was an option. Being a premium model I figured I figured it would have these options on it but I don't know if the dealer ordered it without those or if the owner before me, first owner, didn't want these options. Just kinda wondering and seeing what you guys thought or knew.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

I thought ABS and TC was mandatory by 2008. Not sure how the V6s were optioned compared to the V8s, but mine came with standard ABS and TC in 2006.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:19 PM
JimC

The V6 only got fog lights on the Pony edition. ABS and TCS I think were options until 2009; part of the "safety package".
Old 02-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
The V6 only got fog lights on the Pony edition. ABS and TCS I think were options until 2009; part of the "safety package".
Ok what about the "My Color" I don't have that either. Was that part of the pony package too.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:42 AM
JimC

My color was part of the interior upgrade package, and not every pony edition got that. It was a separate order item.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:57 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Go here and enter your vin. Then expand the "minor features". Anything with "less" wasn't ordered on your car.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

If it is listed there "with" or does't say "less" and is no longer on the car then PO removed it.

Last edited by BlindGUYnAR; 02-12-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Use this one its more detailed from your sticker.

http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Numbe...cker/Ford.html
Old 02-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Let me know if you have any other questions about your options your car "Should have" com with. I can find out for you.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:12 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
Use this one its more detailed from your sticker.

http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Numbe...cker/Ford.html
No worries, but I specifically didn't link window sticker lookups because the other site lists what options "weren't" ordered because the window sticker doesn't tell you that and OP was wondering how "under" optioned their car was.

I'd also just directly use FORDS public REST API's to access a window sticker.

That other site is likely grabbing your recent history, cookies, VIN, etc for their own benefit and spitting Ads to you as well. Using Fords site is clean and they are using the same API on that page anyway.

Type your full vin after the "=" and paste the below string minus the "'s in your browser to directly pull you sticker from Ford.

"http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin="

Again no worries, but I respectfully disagree that site is "more" detailed in regards to the OP's question.

Last edited by BlindGUYnAR; 02-13-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

I was just under the assumption that the "premium" models came with every feature and I didn't realize that there was this many options under each model.

Quick Reply: Starting to think my car was "under optioned"