Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Not so happy after 18 months with my 2014 Mustang Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 11:05 PM
blchandl2

I have had my 2014 Convertible for 16 months. Yes, it has a few rattles but convertibles are much more prone to that due to no solid roof for rigidity.

Your situation is like the stock market, you have not lost any $$ until you sell.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

the convertable and coupes are like totaly different cars to drive imho
the convertable handles like crap..the coupe way better...shame on ford for building a vert with no underbody reinforcement...bit of a joke tbh
Old 03-08-2015, 09:40 AM
ChicagoWendy

Wow! I would be so f#$? upset. This is the only car I've had that I've cared about. My 2012 Stang convertible has been a pure joy! I wish u could just send yours back and have a replacement.smh sorry this happened.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:36 PM
blchandl2

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
the convertable and coupes are like totaly different cars to drive imho
the convertable handles like crap..the coupe way better...shame on ford for building a vert with no underbody reinforcement...bit of a joke tbh
I agree about the extra reinforcement, but it can make it difficult to service. I had a 330Ci vert that was a pain to do the simplest service due to the large metal plates bolted under the frame.

On the plus side, it was solid and handled well.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:39 PM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

I think the car will be serviced and fixed and you'll be happy with it. Hang in there.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blchandl2
I agree about the extra reinforcement, but it can make it difficult to service. I had a 330Ci vert that was a pain to do the simplest service due to the large metal plates bolted under the frame.

On the plus side, it was solid and handled well.
yeah most manufacturers put extra support..the mustang has to little bars at the back lol

worst handling car i have ever owned and driven..with 20 inch wheels it was unbearable..had to get the coupe
Old 03-09-2015, 04:22 PM
12bigredstang
1st Gear Member

how much life should you get out of the perellis
Old 03-10-2015, 06:06 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the issues but in part, more rattles and less rigidity is usually the case with the body structure of a convertible vs. a coupe or sedan. Most manufacturers try to compensate for the loss structural rigidity that fixed roof provides by adding reinforcement to the floor pan, but it's usually still not as effective as a fixed roof.

We learned in the service garage where I used to work, not to open the doors of a convertible if it was on a lift. Often the body would flex enough that the door could not be fully closed again until the car was back off of the lift.

It's a pretty well known compromise to get that hair in the wind thrill a convertible can provide!
Old 03-18-2015, 05:20 PM
rumtillidie
2nd Gear Member

Does your 2014 make a loud noise when changing from reverse to drive? Everytime I do that on mine it makes a loud sound like its struggling to change the gear. I'm only @ 6K kms on mine but i noticed it almost 500km's after I bought it.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Please read my new post....part 2 if you will.
Its titled: My dealership damaged my Mustang!
Unreal what has happened and what I have gone thru owning this Mustang for 18mo.
I just am so upset now.

Quick Reply: Not so happy after 18 months with my 2014 Mustang Convertible