Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Dealership damaged my Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:33 PM
12bigredstang
1st Gear Member

Default not much damage

To me it is not too much damage. I'm sure the dealer will take care of it.

Last edited by JimC; 03-26-2015 at 08:50 PM. Reason: platform bashing
Old 03-26-2015, 04:17 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
Just curious, maybe everyone could weigh in on this:
When a vehicle is repaired at a collision center or body shop and the repair is logged into the data base and tied to the VIN.....what happens to that vehicle's value? I am asking this because most of the responses here seem to think I am going overboard, coming off too harsh, jumping off the deep end, a dick-bag, etc.
nothing, its not from collision, and insurance is not involved, as far as carfax is concerned it never happened.

Second, how do I know this person who worked on my Mustang did the work correctly? Or up to Ford factory standards? My concern is that he damaged my vehicle and had no regard to report it to anyone and just left. That leads me to think his work ethic isnt his strong suit.
well does the top work like it should? was your original concern fixed?
The VIN report will show anything/everything concerning the vehicle.
incorrect, body repair like this is handled internally and is not reported to carfax
Old 03-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Honestly, it looks like this post is just going to turn into a bunch of name calling, grade school comments/nonsense and not what I expected would happen from a forum geared towards Mustang enthusiasts/owners.

What surprises me is that somehow I became the bad guy here. None of you know me and I dont know any of you.

The dealership damaged my car. I am upset about it. Sorry I shared my experience.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:49 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

I'd be mad too, but if they are going to repair it to your satisfaction there's no need to get too stressed out.

I just had tires installed last week and they chipped the paint on all four wheels. I was pissed when I saw the damage. Most people wouldn't even pay attention to it, but like you I spent a lot of money on this car and try to take care of it. I don't appreciate nor do I expect someone who is performing a service to damage my property. The installer has committed to repair the wheels and as long as they are repaired to my satisfaction all is good.

I'm sure everyone posting idiotic comments in this thread would be angry if it was their car, whether they want to admit it or not.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 PM
slipperman
1st Gear Member

I agree that it's "significant damage", especially a new car.
It seems every time I take anything to someone to do work, they F*** it up somehow.
So many hacks out there.
Stand your ground and get them to make good.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 PM
JimC

Thread cleaned - play nice kids or I will turn this car around!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 AM
ChicagoWendy

Wow! Any Fu*#in damage to your Stang is significant. I dreamed that I bashed the hell out of my car. I had to wake the Fu*# up lol
Old 03-27-2015, 09:35 AM
ChicagoWendy

Default Sorry

Sorry u were made to feel bad. I'm not sure what all that BS was "like oh it's not real damage" pure BS! A real Mustang enthusiast would never say that crap!
Honestly, it looks like this post is just going to turn into a bunch of name calling, grade school comments/nonsense and not what I expected would happen from a forum geared towards Mustang enthusiasts/owners.

What surprises me is that somehow I became the bad guy here. None of you know me and I dont know any of you.

The dealership damaged my car. I am upset about it. Sorry I shared my experience.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hello everyone. Well, today I took my 2014 Mustang in to the dealership to have the convertible top replaced. If you read my previous post, the top was starting to rip/tear due to the trim piece the top rests against. Ford authorized a full convertible top replacement and today the job was to be done. I left my Mustang at the dealer today at 8am and returned to pick it up around 3pm. Thats when I noticed significant damage to my Mustang.

So, now what??!!
The service advisor and his manager were shocked to see this.
They informed me that the person who worked on my car was NOT a Ford employee (first time I was hearing this) and they hired out the job. The person did not alert/inform anyone of the damage.
The dealership have me a loaner car for 5 days and said they need time to figure out a plan. My plan is to contact Ford in the morning and possibly an attorney.

What do you guys think? Can you believe this?
Thank you for the PM, Vegasrph98! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 03-27-2015, 05:00 PM
tradosaurus
1st Gear Member

A dent puller could fix that insignificant "damage"

Quick Reply: My Dealership damaged my Mustang!