Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Dealership damaged my Mustang!

Old 03-30-2015, 08:08 AM
om3n

@Vegasrph98, no clue why people are giving you a hard time on this thread. I'd be so mad if my mustang was damaged while in the possession of a dealer for service; I would not call that insignificant damage. I was mildly unhappy when a dealer got my mustang dusty before returning it to me when I had it in for service once lol. If they damaged paint and body panels I'd be flipping out.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by om3n
@Vegasrph98, no clue why people are giving you a hard time on this thread. I'd be so mad if my mustang was damaged while in the possession of a dealer for service; I would not call that insignificant damage. I was mildly unhappy when a dealer got my mustang dusty before returning it to me when I had it in for service once lol. If they damaged paint and body panels I'd be flipping out.
You should have seen the condition of my Mustang when I went to pick it up. Not only was it damaged, it was filthy dirty outside and inside. The leather seats had footprints on them and there was dirt/grime/filth all over the interior, fingerprints all over the glass, goop/black residue on my trunk and rear spoiler. And my right rear tail light was scuffed!

I will be glad when this is all over and I can put this behind me. My level of disappointment with Ford and this dealership has reached its limit. Its sad because I special ordered this Mustang and waited 3 months to take delivery of it....and now.....well, I am disgusted.

In fact, I just spoke to some Ford Customer Care manager that oversees area dealerships (my dealership included) and he was absolutely unhelpful and had zero personality. Not only did it seem that all of this was just a bother he had to deal with.....but he offered NO answers to any of my questions regarding what happened to my Mustang and the solution to solving it. What a waste of time.

Oh, well. Its just a car, right? Seems like I am just getting upset over nothing according to most members here. Maybe those members like to be mistreated, shown zero appreciation for their business and allow damage to their personal property in the process.....I guess that's the FORD way of doing business. Well, that's not acceptable to me.

Last edited by Vegasrph98; 03-30-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Bob T
1st Gear Member

Vegasrph98 sorry to hear you or anybody having an experience like that.
I don't have experience with a lot of different Ford service departments but I can tell you the one I go to for my car is 180 degrees different and I couldn't be happier with them.
I know that doesn't help you any but they are not all like the one you've been dealing with.
Once you get your issue resolved and if you keep your car, hopefully there is another service department within reasonable distance because it sounds like that is one to stay far away from.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:30 PM
slipperman
1st Gear Member

I once went to pick up a car from a dealership and watched the gofer reverse into another customers car.
He then parked it and walked away like nothing happened.
I went and got the manager and still didn't get much of a response.
No one ever apologized for the damage and if I hadn't witnessed it myself, they would have denied any responsibility.
Car dealerships truly suck.
This is one of the reasons I do all my own work.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:47 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
I guess I missed those posts that you guy(s) deleted. I'm baffled as to how the OP's issue in any way is related to being a V6/V8 matter.
That one idiot brought the platform bash twice in this thread... His idea was that the OP shouldn't feel bad about the damage because his car's only a V6.

But morons asides, that damage would have made me mad as hell!! You kidding?
It shows that the guy doing the job can't even take a piece of trim off the car without fukking up that simple task.
He pried that molding up by forcing on the sheet metal. Obviously not a pro.
I mean, what else did he screw up I wonder?

Then there is the known fact that dealers suck at body work and paint so I should feel comfortable to have them refinish the quarter panel too?
Not!

The whole thing is bad news and I hope the OP doesn't get screwed any further...
Old 04-06-2015, 04:19 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
My Service Advisor informed me yesterday that it will take approximately 2 weeks to repair my Mustang. I have a rental car (Kia Optima) and just have to wait for the "very minor damage" to be repaired. And no.....it can't simply be "pulled out" there is paint missing in some of the dents.

What strikes me as odd, is that some members here feel that I should just say "oh well, they damaged my car....who cares, its just a car". I find that strange, since this is a forum dedicated and designed for MUSTANG enthusiasts that take their time to show off their rides.....very strange. A group of people who are "car lovers" seem to think because I treat my car like a baby....I am going overboard. Isn't this the point? To go OVERBOARD about your Mustang??!! You joined a forum to show pictures of it!! To brag/talk about it!! HELLO!!??

I understand accidents will happen, yes I do. However, a dealership allowed an outside individual to damage my Mustang.....never inspected his work, allowed him to leave.....then said they will just fix the car. Pretty much, I have to just accept it and move on.

So, its not just the damage to the Mustang....which is bad enough. But, its the outside vendor (who I don't know, never was told about) who damaged my Mustang and my dealer didn't inspect his work or watch him work on it. And when I came to pick up my Mustang, it was FILTHY dirty. The interior (saddle brown leather) had footprints and dirt/filth all over it. Fingerprints on the rear window. Outside of the car was filthy dirty. Nobody cared to clean it up or just take care and treat it nicely while it was there.

Then, the service advisor says "don't fill out the survey while you are upset. The survey can cost me money and hurt my pay. Just delete the survey when it comes". THAT was in poor taste and unacceptable as well. Nothing like putting his own personal gain before the customer's problem. Not to mention, is totally against Ford's code of ethics.....the customer should never be told NOT to fill out a survey.

My experience with my Mustang and Ford has been sub-par....below average. I have owned numerous vehicles since 16 (I am 40 yrs old) and none of them suffered any sort of damage from a dealership....ever.
Wow! I feel bad for you and yes I know exactly how you feel about your car! I would be looking for another Ford Dealership that has a great reputation. I drive 25 miles out of the way and pass 3 other Ford Dealers just to go to the one I trust. When they go to take my car to the shop, the tech pulls out a microfiber cloth to open the door with! I hope you get your baby back soon!
Old 04-07-2015, 11:42 AM
ChicagoWendy

Default Monkeys

Sounds like they actually let monkeys loose inside your car!.
How could a person disrespect your car like that. Especially when their chosen profession is to administer auto repair. I would get an attorney and and a new ca. Because I would suffer mental anguish everytime I wuld drive this one.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:26 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I don't know what I missed from before the thread was cleaned up, but it does sound as if you were a little over the top at the beginning of the thread. If it was my car, I'd be very upset too and want it fixed as soon as possible. I know that it's unrealistic to have a magic wand waved over the car for an instant fix, so I'd expect that it's going to take some time to make the damage right. I would have voiced my displeasure to the dealership over the whole incident, but then waited to see what they would do to make it right. In my experience having dealt with different entities through my 35 years, when people start hollering about lawyers and want to become over-the-top, they are less likely to get the favorable result they want voluntarily. Those that are willing to work with the offending party are more likely to get the results they want.

I'm not trying to bash you here; just letting you know what I felt when I red your original post. I'm interested in knowing if the dealership is going to resolve this matter for you to your satisfaction! Keep us updated!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:58 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

WOW! At least they are fixing it for you. I took mine in for a warranty repair and they ran the front spoiler into a curb, when it was brought to their attention they stated that the service, shop, and general managers decided that they didnt do it.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
I don't know what I missed from before the thread was cleaned up, but it does sound as if you were a little over the top at the beginning of the thread. If it was my car, I'd be very upset too and want it fixed as soon as possible. I know that it's unrealistic to have a magic wand waved over the car for an instant fix, so I'd expect that it's going to take some time to make the damage right. I would have voiced my displeasure to the dealership over the whole incident, but then waited to see what they would do to make it right. In my experience having dealt with different entities through my 35 years, when people start hollering about lawyers and want to become over-the-top, they are less likely to get the favorable result they want voluntarily. Those that are willing to work with the offending party are more likely to get the results they want.

I'm not trying to bash you here; just letting you know what I felt when I red your original post. I'm interested in knowing if the dealership is going to resolve this matter for you to your satisfaction! Keep us updated!
+1...same sentiment from me. It has nothing to do with being a Mustang enthusiast or not. It has to do with how you deal with being upset will dictate how you are treated and ultimately what the resolution will be.

Being mad is totally reasonable, I think just about anyone would be (regardless of the car). But, mentioning a lawyer before you even talk to the dealer is over the top and sets the wrong tone for the whole situation. That just says I am now going to fug you over no matter what you try to do, so don't bother. And that's just what people will do when threatened....don't bother. Why bother if the other party is already posturing like nothing will be good enough? It's not like you've tried to work with them and they are not fixing the problem....then you can talk about a lawyer and probably get a lot of support.

Not to mention, if it goes before a judge for any reason, the first thing they will ask is, Did you (mr customer) try to work with the company that upset you first? If no, I guarantee a judge will be less favorable to anything you have to say and you will get stuck paying for your own lawyer.

To me it looks like the shop that worked on the car didn't know what they were doing, and pryed the top off with a pry bar... I'd be concerned about damage underneath. Sounds like the dealer is willing to fix the body damage (as they should).

So, yeah, keep us posted on what the dealer is and is not willing to do and how it turns out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Dealership damaged my Mustang!