Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Dealership damaged my Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 09:46 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Wow. It initially seemed like they would try to make it right but thats disappointing.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:20 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

vegas.... thank you for the follow-up. How can a service/dealership be so stupid. I wonder if you could have asked for the dealership owner, to join you after his people said your car was ready to go. What a real disappointment with this dealership. At least you will not be buying another car from them the way the service dept has performed. It sure does not represent the dealership as a whole, having quality people, who don't care! I hope another dealership is not to far away to do future business.

I don't know much about the dealership I bought mine from 9 years ago. Never had a problem during mfg warranty period. After warranty period, 2 local respected repair garages have worked on my Mustang. One is a family business the does front end/suspension/brakes, and sells tires. The other is an everything mechanic with 2 repair bays out of an old service station of years ago. They do things right the first time at a real savings vs a dealership. There are mechanics and there are mechanics, just like doctors. Just have to find the right one.

Good luck, when your dealership calls you back. You might want to video/record on your cell phone, your next inspection visit.

Last edited by teetertotter; 04-11-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: b/c
Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Spoke to the Dealership Body Shop this morning.....and I discussed with the person over the phone my concerns/issues with the body work.
I was told "it will be perfect and ready for pick up on Thursday".
I hope it is, again, I am still trying to be optomistic.

Thursday will be 3 weeks and 1 day since it was damaged.

I did use the word significant in my original post regarding the damage.....and I think the major issue is that sheet metal once it has been dented/dinged its very difficult to return it to original shape. Again, I was assured by the body shop it will be perfect and ready to go on Thursday.

I will follow up then.
Thanks everyone for reading/posting/sharing your thoughts.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Good luck this time. I'd get a paint thinkness gauge, might be able to borrow one from auto zone . You can pretty much tell with a magnet and a little practice to make sure the did not fill the gap with bondo.
If you are unsure, you could have it checked by a good bodyshop.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

It is quite sad how they are treating you. From the tone of your posts it seems as if they are somewhat dismissive.

Side note, did you do the install of the light bar?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:16 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
Spoke to the Dealership Body Shop this morning.....and I discussed with the person over the phone my concerns/issues with the body work.
I was told "it will be perfect and ready for pick up on Thursday".
I hope it is, again, I am still trying to be optomistic.

Thursday will be 3 weeks and 1 day since it was damaged.

I did use the word significant in my original post regarding the damage.....and I think the major issue is that sheet metal once it has been dented/dinged its very difficult to return it to original shape. Again, I was assured by the body shop it will be perfect and ready to go on Thursday.

I will follow up then.
Thanks everyone for reading/posting/sharing your thoughts.
Thank you for the update, Vegasrph98! I'll get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

Vegasrph98,
I feel your pain. back in 2011 I was rear ended by a policeman at about 5 mph. The damage to my rear bumper from his brush bar was slight but it left spider web cracks in the paint. the state insurance agreed to replace the bumper. 3 days after the dealership got my car my daughter saw my car sitting in front of a sign shop with no stripes on it. I called the dealership and they told me the stripes couldn't be matched due to age and they were going to replace all of them. at first this seemed like they were doing me a favor. however, when I got my car back a week later the bumper was fine but the stripes were horrible. the ends were uneven, they weren't centered on the car and they added a silver accent strip that it didn't have before. when I asked about the silver stripe I was told the stripe guy thought it would look good. I refused to take delivery and told them to fix it. My wife went to the sign shop a couple of days later to check on it and got attitude from the guy about how putting stripes on the hood was like trying to wrap a basketball. After another week we got the car back in mostly acceptable shape. (I was tired of dealing with it. a decision I would later regret)

less than a year later the stripes started cracking. it was so bad someone told me it looked like leather. I took it back to the dealer and they agreed to replace them. after 2 weeks of missed deadlines my wife was driving by the same sign shop and saw the car sitting there with some of the stripes taken off. she got out and started taking pictures of the mess. she got attitude again from the owner. we went to the dealership and demanded that they get someone else to fix it. it took another 2 weeks but it finally came back looking like it was supposed to. I found out that the reason they cracked was that stripes on black cars need a white laminate under them to protect from the heat. the new stripes have been on for almost 3 years with no issues.

sorry for the long post but you need to stick to your guns until it is like you want it. it's your car that you paid good money for and they need to correct their mistakes. All told I was without my car for almost 2 months combined but it looks like it should now.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:14 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Default What is the Latest update

Vegas....What is the latest update from your dealer? Get the car back? Workmanship?