Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

USA Mustang imported to UK

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:34 AM
johnny UK

Default USA Mustang imported to UK

Hi Guy and Girls,

I imported a 2005 Mustang from Illinois, to the UK in December last year, as a cool daily driver.
It is a 2 USA owner car. I have loads of service and repair history, from the previous owner, but would like to know who owned it for the first 3 years, and where the car was sold from new.
Is there any way of checking this ?
The Chassis number is

1ZVFT80N255152963

Can any one help ?

Thanks,
Johnny

Name:  IMG_7316.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  93.7 KB

johnny UK is online now Report Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!

Due to privacy issues you might have a hard time finding out the name of the first owner. Truth be told, I cannot imagine why you would even want/need that information.

I tried to pull up the original window sticker but I got an "invalid VIN error." This might be due to the fact that your vehicle is a decade old or you might have the wrong VIN. Regardless, try contacting Deysha (user name FordService on here) and she should be able to tell you where your Mustang was first delivered to.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by johnny UK
Hi Guy and Girls,

I imported a 2005 Mustang from Illinois, to the UK in December last year, as a cool daily driver.
It is a 2 USA owner car. I have loads of service and repair history, from the previous owner, but would like to know who owned it for the first 3 years, and where the car was sold from new.
Is there any way of checking this ?

Can any one help ?

Thanks,
Johnny
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Welcome to the forum!

Due to privacy issues you might have a hard time finding out the name of the first owner. Truth be told, I cannot imagine why you would even want/need that information.

I tried to pull up the original window sticker but I got an "invalid VIN error." This might be due to the fact that your vehicle is a decade old or you might have the wrong VIN. Regardless, try contacting Deysha (user name FordService on here) and she should be able to tell you where your Mustang was first delivered to.
Hello johnny UK,

Welcome to the forum! As cruisin5268d mentioned, the information you’re seeking is private and will not be shared with anyone. The window sticker link is not available for your vehicle due to its age.

I do want to let you know, this vehicle is part of recall 14B09 DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACEMENT which needs to be taken care of. You can contact the Overseas Military Sales Corporation (OMSC) who can assist with service-related issues. OMSC can also help you find a participating service center. Please contact them at 1-800-669-6183 or 9-011-49-6173-704-256. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Old 03-30-2015, 11:36 AM
johnny UK

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello johnny UK,

Welcome to the forum! As cruisin5268d mentioned, the information you’re seeking is private and will not be shared with anyone. The window sticker link is not available for your vehicle due to its age.

I do want to let you know, this vehicle is part of recall 14B09 DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACEMENT which needs to be taken care of. You can contact the Overseas Military Sales Corporation (OMSC) who can assist with service-related issues. OMSC can also help you find a participating service center. Please contact them at 1-800-669-6183 or 9-011-49-6173-704-256. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Hi ,
Thanks for your help.
I'm really looking for where it was originally sold,I have come to realise that the original owner's information is a "no no" in your country.In the UK this information is available.
Looks like I'll never know where it was sold.
How can I tell if the recall has been done.
Thanks
Johnny
Old 03-30-2015, 11:59 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Hi ,
Thanks for your help.
I'm really looking for where it was originally sold,I have come to realise that the original owner's information is a "no no" in your country.In the UK this information is available.
Thanks
Johnny
Deysha was informing you that the recall has not been performed yet. That is a recall that you do not want to delay - it's part of the Takata worldwide screw-up. I'm going out on a limb here but it's quite possible that part is available locally to you. It was used in numerous vehicles which is why, quite literally, millions of airbags are being recalled.

When you mention "where it was sold," are looking for the country? State? Specific dealership?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:31 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hi ,
Thanks for your help.
Thanks
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Deysha was informing you that the recall has not been performed yet. That is a recall that you do not want to delay - it's part of the Takata worldwide screw-up. I'm going out on a limb here but it's quite possible that part is available locally to you. It was used in numerous vehicles which is why, quite literally, millions of airbags are being recalled.

When you mention "where it was sold," are looking for the country? State? Specific dealership?
I was able to narrow down that it was originally sold in Oxford, MS, johnny UK. Also, as cruisin5268d mentioned, the recall has not been performed. Please be sure to contact your nearest participating service center.

Deysha
Old 03-31-2015, 07:55 AM
johnny UK

Thanks for the info guys and girls.
I'm in the motor trade in the UK, and have a good working relationship with my local Ford main dealer, I'll ask them in the first instance about the recall, if they can't help ,I'll call one of the numbers Deysha has kindly provided to me.
Are the numbers you gave me USA numbers, I think I need to prefix them with a code.
Cheers Johnny
Old 03-31-2015, 08:00 AM
johnny UK

I was able to narrow down that it was originally sold in Oxford, MS, johnny UK. Also, as cruisin5268d mentioned, the recall has not been performed. Please be sure to contact your nearest participating service center.

Deysha

Hi Deysha,
What I was hoping was that you could tell me the name of the supplying dealer, and that I could contact them, and see if they could provide me with a printout of the first 3 years service history.
I have the service history from 2008 to date from the last owner , who I bought the car from.

Thanks
Johnny
Old 03-31-2015, 10:24 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanks for the info guys and girls.
I'm in the motor trade in the UK, and have a good working relationship with my local Ford main dealer, I'll ask them in the first instance about the recall, if they can't help ,I'll call one of the numbers Deysha has kindly provided to me.
Are the numbers you gave me USA numbers, I think I need to prefix them with a code.
Cheers
Hi Deysha,
What I was hoping was that you could tell me the name of the supplying dealer, and that I could contact them, and see if they could provide me with a printout of the first 3 years service history.
I have the service history from 2008 to date from the last owner , who I bought the car from.

Thanks
You’re very welcome, johnny UK! Unfortunately that info is not available. Glad to learn you have a great relationship with your local Ford Dealer.

Deysha
Old 03-31-2015, 10:33 AM
johnny UK

You’re very welcome, johnny UK! Unfortunately that info is not available. Glad to learn you have a great relationship with your local Ford Dealer.

Deysha
The Mustang was never sold here,only available by personal import. The guys at the local Ford dealership just don't see them!!

Thanks for your help,
Johnny

Quick Reply: USA Mustang imported to UK