Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bluetooth won't turn on 13 w/ nav

Old 05-28-2015, 03:32 PM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Bluetooth won't turn on 13 w/ nav

So I've got a 2013 premium with navigation. Bluetooth is switched to off and I can't get it back on. I tried pairing the phone and it just says, "bluetooth off, switch on". I click "yes" and it doesn't do anything. I go to advanced settings and it bluetooth is off, I click yes and it won't switch.

Not sure what to. I tried the master rest. I deleted sync off my phone to start over. It won't even display a pairing code to see if it works with another phone since the bluetooth is off.

Anyone else having this issue?

BTW, I have an iPhone 6 plus. Both sync and iOS have been updated to the latest firmware.

Also, can you downgrade the firmware on SYNC? I've had nothing but issues since updating.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:52 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

I think when you see "Yes" on the display you have to hit "OK" again to select it. It's a little unintuitive and seems to be more steps than should be needed.

I've been told there's no way to roll back an update. I have discovered that it's possible to reinstall an update however. I had all kinds of trouble when I went to v4.4 (no nav). So I repeated the installation and after two tries it now seems to be working properly.

Last edited by WJBertrand; 05-28-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:37 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
So I've got a 2013 premium with navigation. Bluetooth is switched to off and I can't get it back on. I tried pairing the phone and it just says, "bluetooth off, switch on". I click "yes" and it doesn't do anything. I go to advanced settings and it bluetooth is off, I click yes and it won't switch.

Not sure what to. I tried the master rest. I deleted sync off my phone to start over. It won't even display a pairing code to see if it works with another phone since the bluetooth is off.

Anyone else having this issue?

BTW, I have an iPhone 6 plus. Both sync and iOS have been updated to the latest firmware.

Also, can you downgrade the firmware on SYNC? I've had nothing but issues since updating.
shouldhavegottheGT,

Your dealer will have to reset the SYNC System to resolve this issue. They are in the best position to reload your software. The SYNC version can’t be downgraded once you’ve installed an update. Let me know if you need a hand locating a dealership in your area.

Whitney