Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Please Help, Unique Gas Cap Help Needed

Old 08-30-2015, 04:46 AM
MustangJourney

Question Please Help, Unique Gas Cap Help Needed

Hello, I'm new here & have a problem removing my fake gas cap on the trunk of my 2011 Mustang. It isn't attached by adhesive which is why I think my question is different than others. I received my new replacement & held it up to the right spot to see how it looked & the bolts went into the holes. When I did it again to show my son, I must have pushed harder because I heard a click. Now I can't get it off & all the plastic covering the adhesive is sticking out from underneath. Can anyone tell me how to get it back off. I unbolted the inside of my trunk where the lock is thinking I could get at it from there but I was wrong. Now my beautiful car has the plastic hanging out. If anyone wants to know why I had to buy a new one from Ford....I purchased it with an ugly decklid (sorry to those who like them) so I had to get it the heck off of there. Can anyone help on this problem?
Old 09-02-2015, 04:32 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangJourney
Hello, I'm new here & have a problem removing my fake gas cap on the trunk of my 2011 Mustang. It isn't attached by adhesive which is why I think my question is different than others. I received my new replacement & held it up to the right spot to see how it looked & the bolts went into the holes. When I did it again to show my son, I must have pushed harder because I heard a click. Now I can't get it off & all the plastic covering the adhesive is sticking out from underneath. Can anyone tell me how to get it back off. I unbolted the inside of my trunk where the lock is thinking I could get at it from there but I was wrong. Now my beautiful car has the plastic hanging out. If anyone wants to know why I had to buy a new one from Ford....I purchased it with an ugly decklid (sorry to those who like them) so I had to get it the heck off of there. Can anyone help on this problem?
send pascal a PM he has a body shop so he should know how to help you.