Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Higher Octane!

Old 10-27-2016, 11:14 AM
66and06stangs
2nd Gear Member

Default Higher Octane!

My car, an 06 V6, has been running great. I bought a tuner from AM/Bama and after a bit of trouble with a CAI, I have a Ford Racing CAI and my car is awesome. Well, I got bored, as I do when I don't have a project, and I thought I would run the tank empty, fill it up with 93 octane (I have never used anything but the cheapest, 87 or whatever octane gas). My intention was to load the performance or racing tune on my car to see what it does... never loaded anything but the street tune. So, last night I filled her up with 93 octane. Yeah, a bit higher on the price, but let me tell you - this car runs GREAT on this gas! I'm so pleased driving it into work today I might just run it this way for a while before changing my tune, literally, lol.
If you haven't tried just putting higher octane in your car, I highly recommend it. Hopefully your experience will be like mine and surprise you. My car just seems to run smoother and have just overall more hop to it. Anyway, hope this helps someone!
Old 10-27-2016, 12:17 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

It will be a little peppier, but once you do the 93 race tune on it, you will be even more amazed.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:53 PM
66and06stangs
2nd Gear Member

I'll bet!

Search this Thread