Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What can cause leak on drivers side of car?

Old 01-18-2017, 12:28 AM
Danielle James

Default What can cause leak on drivers side of car?

I have a 2005 Mustang Convertible. I'm 100% sure it's not the top or windows leaking because I had a waterproof car cover over my car and the drivers side floor was still soaking wet after a week of rain. There was not 1 drop of water inside or out EXCEPT on the drivers side floor UNDER the rubber floor mat. There were 2 spots 1 close to the pedals and 1 under the steering wheel column. I'm so confused where and why. The 1st time this happened (no cover or tarp used because it had never happen before) there was almost a foot of water on the drivers side passenger footwell. Once again seats, dash, top, ect were NOT wet and the front drivers foot well was a little wet under the floor mat. I parked my car with the front slanting down and put the waterproof cover on and like i said before this time only the front was wet still under the mat. I've had the car a year and never had this problem. It rained last month and nothing was wet. It rained this month and now my floor gets soaking wet even with a cover on. Could it be coming from under or wet????

Search this Thread