Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Newbie with questions. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 01:02 AM
SinnyD

Default Newbie with questions. Please help.

Hello everyone. I recently bought the mustang in my sig and I have some questions. This is my first mustang so I'm learning as I go here. I appreciate the knowledge you all have about these cars. TIA!!!

1. Do they make a short throw shifter for a 2010 V6 manual and are they a good investment? Also how much labor intensive is it to install?

2. I'm looking at upgrading my coil pack and spark plugs/wires. Screamin Demon,NGK iridium IX plugs and either 8 or 10 MM wires. Thoughts and recommendations on this upgrade. What will I gain by replacing my stock parts for these upgraded ones? Worth it or just replace with stock?

I should mention also that I bought the SCT iTSX from AM and got the free tunes for life from Bama. I have been running the 91 race tune with 92 octane.(Thats what we have around here) I have been very pleased over all performance wise. It is noticeably quicker which is why I was curious about the short throw shifter.

-SinnyD-
Old 03-15-2017, 06:53 AM
JimC

The stock coil pack is good and there really isn't any gain to be realized from changing that.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:22 PM
SinnyD

Bump.

Good to know @JimC, thanks!

-SinnyD-