Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT fog lights in the V6 grill?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:32 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT fog lights in the V6 grill?

Thank you. The Black Chrome and Tungsten turned out to be a good combo. Originally I just ordered the black powdercoat. Now I'm glad the that was what they sent. Now I have to get the lower valence done. What's a bumber is that the lower valance is as expensive as the upper.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

You guys think these fog lamps would fit in a GT grille easily?

I don't see how it's suppose to mount to the grille. [&:]
Old 02-11-2006, 09:20 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

The mounting hardware on the GT lamps has 4 mounting points per lamp that is integrated with the vertical adjustment screw. I don't see how these would fit just by looking at your pic. May be they could be set up to go side by side in the lower grill?
Old 03-06-2006, 03:09 AM
saleen588

Tres- Where is the factory relay you mentioned on the 06 V6. Will it allow for the chime warning if the fog lights are left on?
Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 03:51 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Amystery2u, that looks great! You mention that you picked up a factory wiring harness, you must have an '06? It should be mentioned that those that have an '05 cannot use a factory wiring harness because the 05's do not have a relay to plug into. The '06 does because it was modified for the optional Pony Package lights. I've got a stock GT grille on my '05, it looks nice but was a pain to muscle into place as has been well documented in this forum. It takes some work to rig up the harness too. The "kit" on eBay has you hook the harness directly to the positive terminal on the battery, a very bad idea because there would be no warning bell if the fogs are left on accidentally.

actually the space is in the fuse box for the relay and fuse on the o5
Old 03-06-2006, 11:13 AM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

Has anyone tried putting the GT fog lights in the V6 grill? I just seen an auction on ebay for V6 grills for on $10. Seems like it may be worth practicing on. I've been scanning the forums trying to find the best way to put the fog lights in my V6 but no one has mentioned cutting the factory V6 grill and trying it that way. If anyone has done this or knows why it would not work please post.

If it doesn't work, I guess I will be getting the Street Scene drop in grill that requires no cutting or craming like the West Coast model.

I just bought one from that very same auction! It will be here this week. I'm going to install some different lights though. I'm leaning towards some projector driving lights closer to what the pony package grill has. Maybe some with "white angel eye rings"...but that may look too ricey. I did see some nice 4" hella lights that would look great.

It will work...we just have to run the wires manually. Of course they won't be attached to the stock wiring harness so they don't go through the computer; this means they will not turn off when you put your highbeams on (unless one does know how to make this work without a prefab harness). I don't hardly use my highbeams anyway.

It should look unique with different lights and the GT OEM lights have a plastic lens where as the aftermarket ones I've looked at have glass. I'll post progress as I start work on the project.