Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT fog lights in the V6 grill?

Old 01-22-2006, 09:12 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default GT fog lights in the V6 grill?

Has anyone tried putting the GT fog lights in the V6 grill? I just seen an auction on ebay for V6 grills for on $10. Seems like it may be worth practicing on. I've been scanning the forums trying to find the best way to put the fog lights in my V6 but no one has mentioned cutting the factory V6 grill and trying it that way. If anyone has done this or knows why it would not work please post.

If it doesn't work, I guess I will be getting the Street Scene drop in grill that requires no cutting or craming like the West Coast model.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT fog lights in the V6 grill?

mr wick did one and was selling them but you have no adjustment. so what you get is what you get. kinda like the west coast grill if you force the grill in i would only think the lights would point out a little. and they have only up down adjustment.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:38 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

this wont help but i remember seeing a grill on ebay a month or so ago. He took the v6 grill and installed a set of gt lights in it from the pics it looked good. he said he was selling it because he wanted the Street Scene grill aslo. But can we really know that for sure, he could have screwed somthin up

afixer has a good piont about the ajustments. but i have done this many times befor, where somthin come on ebay CHEAP and i have bought it to test somthin out. so if you can get it for 10- bucks go for it you may even check the junkyards

good luck
Old 01-22-2006, 09:55 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

I placed my bid. I figure if anything it will be worth it to get the pony off of it to put on a street scene grill. Thanks afixer for pointing out the lack off adjustment. I hadn't thought of that. And thanks for the links you posted in the other forum. Your grill looks sweet.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:31 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

your welcome . i have had my car since feb 05 and i have waited around to see if anyone would do what street scene did. its the best one i have seen so far. unlike that idiot in the other post i dont want my car to look like a gt . so bumpers were out ! all i know is back in may i was driving to arizona with my wife and son and on a dark windy road i could not see as well as i wanted to. so thats why i did the grill with the lights. it does add alot of light. another reason why i wanted the street scene its functional. if someone came up with a better one i might look at it. so is that newbie (yea right) still stiring the pot? where are the mods why hasent he been banned yet. that post looked like a pretty big fight to me! oh well the must think its funny or something. good luck with the car.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
GT05

A decent foglight grill is $400. Your regular running lights are different on the V6, so it won't look 100% like the GT. I hope that idiot you're referring to isn't me. I'm just a lil frustrated at the whole foglight, dual exhaust, GT bumper stuff that some of the V6stangers are wanted so badly. I mean, if you want it to look like a GT, buy one. I think it looks better to shave the V6 grill and get aftermarket bumpers, leave the single exhaust, but make it 3" piping than run around posing as a GT.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT05

A decent foglight grill is $400. Your regular running lights are different on the V6, so it won't look 100% like the GT. I hope that idiot you're referring to isn't me. I'm just a lil frustrated at the whole foglight, dual exhaust, GT bumper stuff that some of the V6stangers are wanted so badly. I mean, if you want it to look like a GT, buy one. I think it looks better to shave the V6 grill and get aftermarket bumpers, leave the single exhaust, but make it 3" piping than run around posing as a GT.
I'd absolutely hate to taint the GT's name. I have dual magnaflows, I just believe these stangs are born for dual exhaust. However, I don't want to "pose" as a GT, so I bought 4.0 emblems for my fenders. I'm planning on buying a GT rear bumper to fit the exhaust; wouldn't mind getting fog lamps in the future (or the entire GT front fascia). I just want people on the street to know it's a V6, I would never dream of misrepresenting the GTs.. especially in a race.

And I eat Accords for breakfast. [8D]
Old 01-23-2006, 08:04 PM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

someone is insecure
Old 01-23-2006, 09:45 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Id like to see that Accord take on screamin or rygen in the quarter at the track...LOL... Or how about meet up with mine after I put on my street tires in the Spring and you can take on a SuperCharged 4.0 [&:] I Think enough said. The stock v6 may not be a speed beast in its pure form, but it is easily molded and modded into a fierce competitor and a great sleeper. Don't underestimate it. As is the GT a great powerhouse as well.

Carol Shelby felt strong enough about the V6 4.0 to have it made into a Cobra as well - that should be a small indication. The CS6 will pretty much pounce on a stock GT and pummel any Accord or 350z. Bottomline - there will always be a faster car - if money was no limit everyone of us on these forums would forget about driving a car and be flying a jet - lol.

Back to the question at hand - I say go ahead and try it. Could be interesting and as mentioned before, Mr. Wick did try this, and seemed to come out pretty nice. It's all about making the car customized to how you like it. As long as you like it - who cares what anyone thinks... Try taking some pics while you do it and post

And don't anyone take offense to the above statements - but when someone posts with a V6 Mustang Eater... honda accord.. you got to expect a little defensiveness. I'd like to see this emblem come up for sale...

[IMG]local://upfiles/21121/EA6AC83B4B8F47F486D42F7B84DC9F76.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2006, 12:26 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

[edit]double post

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT fog lights in the V6 grill?