Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

FREE Iridium Plug contest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Sparkplugs.com

Default FREE Iridium Plug contest!!!

SparkPlugs.com is holding a spark plug contest! You will find a spark plug quiz below, all of the answers can be found on our website. Please e-mail your answers to Natasha@SparkPlugs.com. The contest is open until December 22nd. Any member with 25 posts or more can participate. Whoever gives the most accurate answers, or gets the most correct, will receive one set of NGK iridium spark plugs on the house. The winner will then need to do an installation and product performance review within 2 weeks after they receive the plugs. The review should show their installation process and a review of their impression of the product and its performance. Let me know if you have any questions!

Spark Plug Quiz:

1. What are the 9 product brands carried by SparkPlugs.com?

2. How many of those are spark plug manufacturers?

3. What are the three precious metals premium spark plugs are made out of?

4. Are standard spark plugs made with copper or nickel?

5. What does RFI stand for, and how do you prevent it?

6. Can Platinum plugs be used with nitrous?

7. Can Iridium plugs be used with nitrous?

8. What are 5 types of modifications that may make it necessary to change your spark plug heat range?

9. What is the heat range vs. hp increase rule of thumb?

10. Is it better to have too hot or too cold a plug? Why?

11. Do “fine wire plugs” refer to the ground electrode or center electrode?

12. What are two benefits of fine wire plugs?

13. What are the two precious metals used on fine wire plugs?

14. How is iridium superior to platinum?

15. Why is iridium used on fine wire plugs?

16. Which plug manufacturer makes the thinnest fine wire iridium center electrode?

17. Should Iridium plugs be gapped?

18. How long do iridium plugs last?

19. Why should I always check the gap before I install new plugs?

20. How can I find the proper gap for my motor?

21. What is the maximum I can open or close the gap?

22. How do I properly gap a plug?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FREE Iridium Plug contest!!!

I'd rather buy them than do all of this work.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:14 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I wouldnt put Iridium plugs in my car if you PAYED me to!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

I wouldnt put Iridium plugs in my car if you PAYED me to!
I'd put them in toyota but not a mustang, they have to much resistance.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

i submitted mine
definetly learned a lot!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Blkhorse

Just checking to see how long it would take to fine the answers on sparkplugs.com. I learned a new things about Iridium plugs. I cant see why those that say they would not put them in there Mustang. They have the less amount of resistance Zach.

It took me about 5 minutes to answer 5 questions. I think I might go ahead and enter. As for the review, sure I'll give them a review.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

i think that the price you pay for Ir plugs is very high for the small perfomance gain you may recieve and i just stick with bosch super+ great plugs at .99cents
Old 12-09-2006, 05:35 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blkhorse

Just checking to see how long it would take to fine the answers on sparkplugs.com. I learned a new things about Iridium plugs. I cant see why those that say they would not put them in there Mustang. They have the less amount of resistance Zach.

It took me about 5 minutes to answer 5 questions. I think I might go ahead and enter. As for the review, sure I'll give them a review.
Iridium plugs have a lot more resistance then copper plugs.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Blkhorse

Zach I hope you don't drive while you are high. The top of the line plugs from most of the plug manufaturers are iridium. This is due to the fact that they are fine wire. Get it, least resistance?

One other not about sparkplug.com, they do not list a plug for the 06 Mustang GT.

Bosch
Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion™. Fusion features a patented, fused iridium and platinum center electrode, combined with exclusive surface air gap firing technology to produce a longer, more powerful spark. Its four yttrium-enhanced ground electrode design outperforms OE iridium plugs by significantly reducing gap wear. This means less stress on the ignition system for quicker starts, more efficient fuel combustion, and a longer performance life. In addition, Fusion's voltage requirement increases less over time versus other iridium plugs for longer reliable performance of the vehicle's ignition system.

Autolite
For Xtreme Performance and Xtreme Value, Autolite® XP™ Spark Plugs offer an iridium-enhanced .6mm finewire with better overall ignitability and durability in a Hi-Performance category. In addition, the Revolution HT™ spark plugs are specifically designed for Hi-Performance deliverance in Ford Motor Company®'s 4.6L, 5.4L, and 6.8L 3-valve engines.

Champion
Champion iridium spark plugs offer maximum performance regardless of engine or ignition type. Each plug has an extremely fine-wire iridium center electrode that is “laser-locked” to the center electrode, and a platinum V-trimmed ground electrode to ensure the longest life and greatest erosion resistance. Champion iridium plugs come with our exclusive Heat-Active™ alloy to reach operating temperatures quickly and maintain stable operating.

NGK
Iridium IX Spark Plugs are the most technologically advanced high performance plugs available. Featuring a 0.6 mm iridium center electrode tip, they offer superior ignitability without sacrificing durability. The tapered ground electrode increases flame kernel expansion, while the superior heat range design is ideally suited to the demands of high performance environments.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

i submitted mine
definetly learned a lot!
+1

Quick Reply: FREE Iridium Plug contest!!!