Vendor For Sale / Group Buy ClassifiedsSingle Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
I was working on one of our work trucks today and something BAD happened. It is a 1986 s-10 with a 2.8l v6 and fuel injection. It had been sitting for about two years, so we got it running and i decided to change the spark plugs. I got the ratchet on the plug and it fell onto one of the posts on the alternator. The wire hooked to the post went to the positive side of the battery. It arced a little and the wire going to the battery from the alternator got hot enough to burn the insulation off before i got the battery discontected. I got the plugs back in and the wires back on but now the truck wont do anything. The lights and horn work, but thats about it. I checked all the fuses and none were blown. What should I check next?
please give me some advice here, i also tried putting a jumper wire across the solenoid, but nothing happened
(Edit) i know its not a classic mustang but i also know that if theres anywhere on this forum where i can get help its here
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
Several years ago I did something similar with my 1987 firebird withthe2.8L multiport fuel injected engine. This should be the same engine you have in yours since I believe they started using them on gm vehicles back in 86.
I replaced my started, took it for a ride and all of a sudden everything started flashing, the car turned off and the battery was sizzling. I quickly pulled the battery cable.
What had happened it the positive cable running to the starter got too close to the exhaust and burned through the plastic and welded itself to the exhaust.
I couldn't start the car but the lights and all the test lights would come on when you turn the key to on. I replaced the battery and all was well. I've since put over 100,000 more miles on the car.
I'd say if a new battery doesn't work, check all your wires everywhere under the dash and under the hood and make sure none are melted. If all looks good, maybe you fried your computer. Try replacing it and see what happens.
main fuse,fusable link melted,shorted wiring..voltage reg shot...were ya drinkin on job.. lol i know alottachevy guys drink when workin on there stuff,and screw it up and call us ford guys to come over and fix the broken chevys.....lol
j/k...prob a short in wires..melted maybe some where
1986 gt convert /393,ede60259 ported,cam,juice,stage3 c4,4.10s
2002 black gt bone stck for now/ soon exhaust-tune-cold air
check the fusible link! and you sain it is a no crank problem go to ur auto store and buy a remote starter butten with leeds and jump from the battery to the relay(assuming you checked/replaced pos bat cable) you sould be able to bump it over like that if still nothing i know the junk yard here sells computors for 100$
1992gt 5 speed stock bottom end with an E303 cam, aluminum gt40x heads, tubular intake, plenum spacer,19# injectors, 70mm bbk throttle body, bbk CAI, bbk 76mm maf , shorty headers, flowmasters, accel coil, and 4.10 gears
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor