Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

NEW Products from MCleod at Lethal Perferformance!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default NEW Products from MCleod at Lethal Perferformance!

Lethal Performance is proud to announce that we are now a McLeod distributor. McLeod, referred to as “the best known, unknown clutch company in the business,” just released a few high quality clutches and other drivetrain products such as the RST and RXT Street Twins. We we will be stocking these clutches and offering them with same day shipping!

The Mcleod Steet Twin Clutches are a direct bolt-in and require no modification to the transmission or an adjustable pivot ball. They also work great with several aftermarket flywheels such as the Fidanza and Spec Aluminum Flywheels.

We've sold a few of these so far as the feedback from our early customers has been excellent. One which was recently installed by our friends over at Difeo Ford turned out great. They said the clutch went in with no issues at all and the customer can't believe how amazing the clutch feels. This was also the stronger of the 2 Street Twins available the RXT. So we're confident that the Mcleod Twin kit will continue to impress any of our customers that decide to go with it.

Intended for the high horsepower street fan, the RST and RXT Street Twin clutch kits are economically priced twin disc clutches that use your stock flywheel. With the ability to handle 800HP with the RST and 1000hp in the RXT, these clutches can handle almost any horsepower you can throw at them and still remain street drivable. Organic lined clutch discs will provide smooth engagement with a soft pedal effort to make these clutches ideal for the street performance enthusiast. These clutches are available for all late model vehicles including 99-04 Mustangs (including Mach 1s and Cobras) and 05+ Mustangs (including GT500s) with manual transmissions—available in 10 or 26 spline.

Features:

-800hp and 1000hp capable

-Supplied with alignment tool

-Lighter than stock pedal feel

-Bolts to stock factory flat flywheels

-Easy Installation

-Organic facing for smooth & even engagement

-Smooth engagement with excellent release qualities

-Low Rotating Mass (moment of inertia) for quick revs

-Includes CNC machined and anodized flywheel adapter ring

-Blanchard ground floater with multiple straps to reduce noise for streetability

99-04 Mustangs

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...ts-mcleod.html

05+ Mustangs

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...es-mcleod.html

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared
Old 09-12-2008, 04:07 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

What is a "adjustable pivot ball"? Is this the TOB and slave cylinder?

I have an RST with Mcloed Steel FW and love it, just havent seen this term before.

Thanks,
Old 09-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
What is a "adjustable pivot ball"? Is this the TOB and slave cylinder?

I have an RST with Mcloed Steel FW and love it, just havent seen this term before.

Thanks,

Sorry.. I should have checked the post before putting it in an 05+ section. The adjustable pivot ball is not used on the 05+ cars. The T-56 and non hydraulic guys running other twin kits need them for proper installation and engagement of the clutch. The stock pivot ball on those cars does not have the amount of adjustment in it that's needed so it's replaced with an adjustable aftermarket piece.

Hope that explains it better.

Jared
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Just letting you guys know that our Mcleod stocking order has arrived. We now have several RST and RXT clutch kits in stock with same day shipping.

Thanks, Jared
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM
dlarge122878
2nd Gear Member

Spam?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Lethal is a site sponsor. this is not spam in any way. Jared has great customer service and a great selection of products, give him a try some time.

how much do these change the pedal feel? i think the stock pedal is a little on the heavy side, how much lighter do these make it?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

might be a dumb Q but what would be the difference between the 10 spline and the 26?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dlarge122878
Spam?
No sir.. We pay to post and if you check around you'll see that the community supports us as well. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
Thanks, Jared
Originally Posted by Texotic
Lethal is a site sponsor. this is not spam in any way. Jared has great customer service and a great selection of products, give him a try some time.

how much do these change the pedal feel? i think the stock pedal is a little on the heavy side, how much lighter do these make it?
Thanks a lot for the support bro. I'm not 100% sure about pedal feel on the S197's with these as I personally haven't driven an 05+ car with one in it. There's a lot of people from this site running them though so if you search around I'm sure you'll find the answer you're looking for.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks, Jared
Originally Posted by merdix9
might be a dumb Q but what would be the difference between the 10 spline and the 26?
10 spline is what your car comes with stock. It's the piece that sticks out of the front of your transmission and slides through the clutch disc(s). A 26 spline input shaft is what comes standard in most T56's on F-body's, Corvettes and Viper. It's a stronger piece and will support more power without breaking in half. That's why most 03-04 Cobra guys with aftermarket blowers do the conversion.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared