Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

S197 Bolt-in Return Style Fuel System!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default S197 Bolt-in Return Style Fuel System!

Staying ahead of the rest of the industry Lethal Performance and Fore Precision Works are proud to announce that we're working on a drop-in, turn key, return style specific fuel system for the 05-09 S197's. This will be the first ever direct replacement return style assembly for the 05+ S197.

We've tackled the returnless style system with the Triple Pump system and now it's time for us to cater to those who prefer a return style system.

The system will feature the Fore Precision Return Style hat which just like Fore's other hats will give you the ability to remove the stock assembly and drop the new one in at ease. No modification to the tank is necessary. No Sump, No Nothing. Just remove the old and install the new!

The S197 return style hat will house 2 Walbro GSS342 Pumps and will be constructed of high quality billet aluminum. The rest of the system will include, Fragola 8000 Series Fuel Hose, Fragola Fittings, Aeromotive Filter and Regulator and the Fore Precision GT/GT500 fuel rails.

Justin will have the design available for us to see very soon. Once we've got some screen shots to share myself of Justin will post.

If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to post up or give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

Old 10-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

cool... i don't really know what benefits that has, but i've been happy with everything i've bought from you guys so far.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Yeah that's what I've wondered is what is a return style fuel system all about and why is it needed? I've heard some talk about it before but never "got it"...
Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Yeah that's what I've wondered is what is a return style fuel system all about and why is it needed? I've heard some talk about it before but never "got it"...
Your stock system is returnless. It uses fuel pump driver modules and a fuel rail pressure sensor. The rail sensor detects how much fuel pressure is in the system at the rail. The sensor will send information to the computer telling it if pressure drops or spikes. Then the fuel pump driver module will tell the pumps to either work faster or slower to maintain fuel pressure. The fuel that's pumped from the tank to the rail never returns to the tank making it returnless.

A return style system doesn't use a fuel rail pressure sensor or fuel pump driver modules. It uses pumps that stay on and run all the time once the key is cycled. It also uses a regular which you set at a certain pressure level. That regulator will keep the pressure in the system at the desired level. Any excess fuel above that level gets bypassed through the regulator and circulates back into the tank.

The pro's of a returnless system is that the fuel tends to stay cooler and the system is virtually silent during operation. Most of Ford's OEM fuel systems are set up as returnless now where the older cars used to be return style.

The pro's of a return style is that there's less electronics involved. It's supposed to maintain fuel pressure better with less spikes and dips. I've also been told it's easier to tune then a returnless style system.

There's a lot of good reading out there about both systems so take a look on goog and see what you can find.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared