Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

1980 Ford Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:04 AM
ccnmustangforums
Former Sponsor

Exclamation 1980 Ford Mustang

Link with 14 pictures
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/album.php?albumid=829

My Cobra is very rare and about 95% original and unmolested. A True 1980 Cobra Turbo “Survivor”. 21,681 Original documented miles. UNRESTORED! The only items on the car that I have found to have been replaceed are the tires, coil springs, and the fuel pump. (I just replaced the fuel pump, I have the original and the heat shield for it). The Original Ford Motorcraft belts and hoses are still intact and sport the original Yellow ford lettering. I have full documentation on this car including the Marti Report, factory build sheet, the buck tag with CBR (indicating Cobra), owners manual and sales broshure. This Cobra Turbo is very low in options making it one with very few twins! Case in point, this is a 4 speed car, yet is a console delete car. This car has the factory rear louvers and not the rear window defrost. Car was built and shipped to Wisconson so this is an A/C Delete car. But is was ordered with the very rare and sought after Recaro seat/interior opton including the netted halo headrests. (verified on marti report) The car was ordered with the TRX wheel and suspension package. (some pictures show aftermarkt wheels, those wheels are not on the car and are not available, The TRX wheels and brand new tires are on the car and the TRX metric tires were special order and just cost me $1200) One option not seen frequently on the cobra was the pin striping in the side body moldings, this cobra still retains the dual green stripes in the middle of the body moldings. Manual windows and manual locks…………..MANUAL steering! No power steering, from the factory, not a swap out like all the drag racing guys do to their mustangs. Add all of this to the fact that this is a Cobra Turbo in BLACK ON BLACK with the Green Cobra striping and you have a real needle in a hay stack. (NOTE, you will not find a Green Cobra Hood decal on this car, it was optional and this car was not ordered with one!)

FULL DETAILS
Interior is near mint, on a scale of 1-10 it’s a solid 9.5. Slight wear on front seat fabric is the only reason why its not a 10 out of 10.
The body is very straight and still sports 100% of its original paint. Still shines up very nicely however after 34 years it does have its fair share of inperfections, and would need its first repaint to be a true show car. This is a very honest list of inperfections. There is a dent in the cowl panel, it was caused by the transport company while being transported to Florida. They could not explain the damage but I believe the cobra was on the bottom of a transporter and there was a car up on the upper level of the car carrier that was lowered down and made contact with the cowl panel. (see pictures for dent). The other imperfection that stands out is the “wind side” of the rear spoiler, it appears that road debris is deflected right into the spoiler after passing over the rear lovers, that is the only explanation I can see for all the paint chips in the rear spoiler. I chose not to have the cowl panel fixed so I could still make the claim that the paint and body were untouched and never repainted!. This impact on the cowl panel also nicked the fiberglass cowl induction Turbo hood. (see picture, damage is less than a 1” chip/nick/notch) There is a local Mustang only yard here in Florence SC called Quarter Horse, the owner and I are friends, he told somone about my Cobra and I was contacted by this gentleman about selling it. He and I met and he tried to low ball me on the price so I refused to sell it to him because he made his intentions very clear. He said, “I would have the car professionally painted and flip it for over $20k” That being said, I immediately took the car to the Ford dealership that painted my 83 GT vert, the quote from them was a mere $2,400. I am not opposed to painting this car and selling it as a show car but I also know a new owner that wants “This Car” would have a whole lot more pride having it painted himself.
I am open to all offers and all trades as I am in no need of the money and it will only be used to fund a street rod, or a T-Top coupe if I can find one!

http://www.collectorcarnation.com/Mu...html?aid=32797