Virginia Regional Chapter Chapter President: BabyGT

Shops in VA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:14 PM
88 347 stroker
1st Gear Member

Excessive motorsport in my opinion. They dyne tuned my car and did a great job. They even fixed some small things and didn't charge me for it. You can call them with questions n they don't get annoyed. Everyone has different experiences and opinions. My advice, call around, ask questions and go with the one that you feel comfortable with.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:24 AM
mustangFWL

Anyone ever used RPM of Richmond? From what I have seen, they look to be good, but I have no first hand experience
Old 11-01-2011, 09:20 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

EB3 Motor Sports in Manassas VA has been great to me. The staff is super friendly.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:10 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I wish we had a good shop down here in SW VA but I guess me and my bud after he gets outta the USMC we might start one up if we got the cash. I just dont think the market is here that is the only worry
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
RVAStang05

Originally Posted by mustangFWL
Anyone ever used RPM of Richmond? From what I have seen, they look to be good, but I have no first hand experience
I've used them for a few things... they are okay. REALLY expensive (they wanted $200 to continue my stripes over my bumper) that is $200 JUST for bumper stripes. I picked my jaw up off the floor, said no thanks, and did it myself. Seems like they work more on rice than Mustangs.

On a nicer note- they are pleasant enough and stand behind their work. They put some footwell neons in for me and one day they quit working. I wsent over there to ask about it, and they fixed it for me on the spot, free, while I waited. Now that was nice.

I've never used them for anything other than cosmetic mods.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
RVAStang05

And I would LOVE any info anyone has on Richmond area Mustang-saavy shops or mechanics. I'd about give my little finger to find a good, honest, reliable, knowlegable and fair one.

Performance Autosports is dead on knowlegable and really know what they are doing but the prices... good lord!!! When I first started working on my car, before I knew at all, what I was doing, they quoted me $46.50 to put my CAI on and flash the car with my SCT tuner. This took barely over 30 min, and I supplied the CAI, tune, SCT tuner.

They ended up charging me more than double that. Their shop rate is like $85/hr.

I got a quote to have gears installed that was beyond outrageous... So as much as I'd LOVE to have them work on my car, 1. I can't afford those rates, 2. I can't trust their estimates, and 3. I feel like I'm being hosed.

I'm not a cheapskate, at ALL, but I do believe in fairness... and I guess if they're getting people to get off that kind of money, more power to them. But they're not getting mine.

If anyone knows anything about Mid Atlantic Performance, or anyone else good, that's within an hour of Richmond, I'm all ears Thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Premium08

Originally Posted by RVAStang05
And I would LOVE any info anyone has on Richmond area Mustang-saavy shops or mechanics. I'd about give my little finger to find a good, honest, reliable, knowlegable and fair one.

Performance Autosports is dead on knowlegable and really know what they are doing but the prices... good lord!!! When I first started working on my car, before I knew at all, what I was doing, they quoted me $46.50 to put my CAI on and flash the car with my SCT tuner. This took barely over 30 min, and I supplied the CAI, tune, SCT tuner.

They ended up charging me more than double that. Their shop rate is like $85/hr.

I got a quote to have gears installed that was beyond outrageous... So as much as I'd LOVE to have them work on my car, 1. I can't afford those rates, 2. I can't trust their estimates, and 3. I feel like I'm being hosed.

I'm not a cheapskate, at ALL, but I do believe in fairness... and I guess if they're getting people to get off that kind of money, more power to them. But they're not getting mine.

If anyone knows anything about Mid Atlantic Performance, or anyone else good, that's within an hour of Richmond, I'm all ears Thanks
Mid Atlantic Motorsports hands down, Mike is a good guy, very knowledgable and awesome at tuning. He tuned my lightning before i sold it, and just recentley tuned my gt500. both ran great. I have dealt with a couple other shops and working with mike has been the best experience.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:05 PM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

I'd have to go with Performance Automotive. Those guys are busy non-stop tuning cars, etc. I've had work done at Midatlantic Performance. His schedule is weird and I think his dyno is actually busted yet anyways.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Premium08

Originally Posted by mfergel
I'd have to go with Performance Automotive. Those guys are busy non-stop tuning cars, etc. I've had work done at Midatlantic Performance. His schedule is weird and I think his dyno is actually busted yet anyways.
He is a busy, he works on john urist race team so he's always traveling, and i think its only him and two other guys working. But the work he has done for me has always great.