Virginia Regional Chapter Chapter President: BabyGT

Virginia meet and greet 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Default Virginia meet and greet 2012

It was suggested to revive an old thread, but what the hell, I'll make a new one.

It's that time of year again: temperatures are warmer, birds are singing, trees are flowering, convertible tops are dropping, and grilles are cooking.

It would be great to actually get a chance to put a face to some names here, and in that interest I'm proposing a Virginia meet. Hell, invite some of the Maryland and DC people as well, if they want to make the drive.

I'm going to suggest a time for late April or mid May on the early side. Give everyone plenty of time to spend their tax refunds and such.

I'm also going to suggest meeting in Fredericksburg, Virginia, for a couple of reasons. One, it's pretty central to the eastern side of the state for both the northerners and southerners in the state. Second, I'm making the thread, so I get to throw out the first option.

As I mentioned in another thread, I've got a driveway that can get several cars in, depending on how good you can park, plus a fridge full of adult beverages (for those of age) and a grille that's begging to be used. I can support a small get-together here.

If we get enough support, though, there are definitely larger venues that can be utilized, and we can find a nicer area to go get some grub out.

The other forum I belong to generates weekly meets, we should be able to at least get one a year in.

I guess the first thing we should do here is get a list of those interested, this way we at least know what kind of numbers we're dealing with:
1. Essayons
2. RVAStang05
3. jrockgts197
4. majik755
5. SSKILLER5.0

Last edited by essayons; 03-20-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
RVAStang05

I'd be into that. Where in VA are you?>
Old 03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

I'm in Fredericksburg.

The way I see it, we can do it somewhere in NoVA (several large places that are already meet-friendly, ball-busting traffic for those of us that don't live there), we can do Fredericksburg (centralish), Richmond (also centralish), or somewhere like Charlottesville (more centralish for those on the west side of the state)
Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

i'm in (+1 wifey female representative figure person). Whenever and wherever we decide to do it I will be there as long as I know a few weeks in advance. I will arrange a cruise for the people in the Hampton Roads area to head up that way if anyone is interested. The only thing that I'm concerned about is having somewhere to stay after the adult beverage and grill idea lol. Fredericksburg or Richmond would be fine. Also, let it be known that good manners and responsible behavior will be expected and required, especially if one of our members opens their home to us. I know that is implied and probably doesn't need to be said but I figured I would throw that out there anyway. Let's start planning this thing!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I would say I am in, but you fellas are on the other end of the state. I hope yall the best. If anybody is west of roanoke cime in
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

I'd be in if the date works for me, I'm pretty open April/May. I'm in Alexandria area, so Fredericksburg sounds good, air out the ride.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

I would be in..I live in chesapeake and would be up for a hampton roads ride up
Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

alright... we're growing little by little here.

BTW, I saw 8-10 mustangs in a parking lot on my way to BJ's sunday... I thought it looked shady until I saw wives and kids running around there, too. We would have stopped to say hi, but he had a trunk full of meat that wasn't getting any colder. Anyone on here?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

If you're already in here, spread the word around the forum. It'd be nice to get a decent number of people together for this!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Still trying to get the word out. Not a lot of regulars check in this section but give it some time. I know of a few more members that I'm pretty sure will come. Don't be afraid people!!

Quick Reply: Virginia meet and greet 2012