Virginia Regional Chapter Chapter President: BabyGT

Wrecked 2006 Stang in Roanoke Area - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Tim Groth

Default Wrecked 2006 Stang in Roanoke Area - Questions

First post on the forums so first off thanks for having me. I am posting this in the VA chapter for I feel its best suited for a local crowd, (if I am off base, mods please feel free to move).

Little back story on myself. I am a Ford Enthusiast and am primarily active with Thunderbird Super Coupes and the SCCoA. I've owned 27 of em over the years but when the 2005-09 Body style came out I had to have one. In 2012 I purchased a decently modified Mustang GT that had the GT500 front clip conversion. However, shortly the car was unfortunately wrecked in Jan 2013. I purchased the car back with the hopes that I could either repair it or that I could transplant the 3v and manual trans into another Ford Project of my own since the car had 47K on the drive train at the time of the wreck.

Needless life gets in the way, and the car is just going to rot into the ground at the pace I am going. I am getting married and buying the house so the wife to be is also asking me what the plans are with my "junk cars" as she calls em.

So here I am... reaching for some advice and if there is local interest I would certainly be more than willing to entertain offers. Long and short - being a Super Coupe owner I know the market of parting those out...whats the market for parting an 05-09 model. Mustangs are a dime a dozen compared to 20 year old t birds so again I am out of my element. Would I lose my shirt if sold as a whole...or would a V6 guy jump at the opportunity to have a complete parts car to tackle the project.

Hope to hear some honest replies and maybe make some new Ford friends in the area.

-Tim
Old 06-18-2015, 07:43 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Post some pics of it up, like to see some of those supercoupes as well! Selling as a whole is a good way to get it off your hands and for someone to get a deal on parts, on the flip side if you have the time and the room to house it for a while more money can be had parting it out. Depends on your time and space situation.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:52 AM
Tim Groth

Thanks for the welcome, I am fully able to part the Mustang out and have the space to store items. The Stang has Comp Cam ****** Thumper 2's. BBK long Tubes, SLP loud mouths the the steeda under drives and an after market balancer..I want to say Saleen?. Pardon my ignorance...again it's out of my wheel house. I do have wrecked pictures of the car, but it seems I am limited in what the forum will allow me to do until I hit 50 posts.

Here are some pictures of the SC's I currently own, I also have an '89 5spd that is my daily driver. It's nothing to boast about as it was just hit by an elderly man. It was totaled out and I put it back together this weekend. Still needs body and paint...but once that's done I'd be more than willing to share.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=89

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=469

-Tim