West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

San Francisco Mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:25 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

Default San Francisco Mustang owners

As title any on here?
Myself and girlfriend have flights booked into San Fran this September for 2 weeks, the plan so far is to spend the first 3/4 nights there so am looking for recommendations for hotels, I have done a little research and Union Square comes up as a good base for doing all the 'touristy things' such as a night tour of Alcatraz, looking to spend around $200 a night for a room maybe a bit more if needed. After the first few nights I'm planning on returning to the airport to pick up a hire car (thinking Camaro) to then head off down PCH1.
Looking to take in a helicopter flight over and into the Grand Canyon so recommendations for that are welcome and the girlfriend wants to do the Universal Studio tour in LA, other stop off locations/things to do haven't been decided/confirmed yet but will update this thread once they have to ask for suggestions/routes etc.
Any input is appreciated

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ninja205
As title any on here?
Myself and girlfriend have flights booked into San Fran this September for 2 weeks, the plan so far is to spend the first 3/4 nights there so am looking for recommendations for hotels, I have done a little research and Union Square comes up as a good base for doing all the 'touristy things' such as a night tour of Alcatraz, looking to spend around $200 a night for a room maybe a bit more if needed. After the first few nights I'm planning on returning to the airport to pick up a hire car (thinking Camaro) to then head off down PCH1.
Looking to take in a helicopter flight over and into the Grand Canyon so recommendations for that are welcome and the girlfriend wants to do the Universal Studio tour in LA, other stop off locations/things to do haven't been decided/confirmed yet but will update this thread once they have to ask for suggestions/routes etc.
Any input is appreciated

Thanks

You're renting a CAMARO?!

Avis has Mustang GT's I think. Check it out.

When you go to Alcatraz make sure you get the audio tour. It's narrated by ex-inmates! It's AWESOME.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheMarco
You're renting a CAMARO?!

Avis has Mustang GT's I think. Check it out.

When you go to Alcatraz make sure you get the audio tour. It's narrated by ex-inmates! It's AWESOME.
Yes we are hoping to rent a Camaro!
I have a supercharged Saleen over here in England so don't see the need to rent a Mustang over there