Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Old 07-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

We"ve been through the N2 discussion once or twice here at MustangForums, and the best comment that I can give for using it is that there"s nothing wrong with doing so if you look atthis as a pure luxury item. For the vast majority of people, their driving conditions,and their cars (as opposed to vehicles such as over-the-road 18-wheel trucks), the practical advantages are almost nonexistent.

Personally and as an engineer, I wouldn"t waste the $, and many (most?) N2 stations do not evacuate the air that"s already in your tires in order to get the N2 percentage up high enough to see any benefit at all. Air is 80% N2, benefits of N2 inflation are generally said to start at somewhere around 95% - about the purity that most commercial N2 equipment is capable of producing.

These discussions have also appeared over on an engineering forum that I belong to. Usually such threads are administratively removed as being sales pitches by pro-N2 entities that do not contain any technical merit or request for technical assistance.

Norm
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM
tllomag

Hican someone explain the PVC option?
Thank you.
Tom Cavallo
Old 07-12-2008, 10:46 AM
rmcc1951

HI
I BOUGHT ATRAINING TOOL ON E-BAY, I JUST USED ITON MY O7 GT WORKED GREAT. IF YOU ARE GOING TOKEEP THE TPMS YOU NEED THIS TOOL.
BYE
Old 07-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tllomag

Hican someone explain the PVC option?
Thank you.
Tom Cavallo
You"ll have to use an advanced Google

Something like "PVC site:www.mustangforums.com" ought to find something.

I don"t know how well that "work-around" actually works and haven"t tried it myself. Basically, you"re trying to "fool" the system with a constant pressure container.

Norm
Old 07-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Stang 07

So, if i rotate my tires, Will I need to retrain the TPMS????
Old 07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
colin@tirerack
2nd Gear Member

Nope, you don't need to retrain them.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:14 PM
P71Vic
1st Gear Member

sounds like its not worth the pain in the *** to have on a car.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Barnavis

Hi, I am new owner mustang car. but I need you suggest about pressure monitoring systems.
thank you for your help.

Barnavis
mustang equipments
Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Twstones
2nd Gear Member

Default 2010 GT 18" wheels on 2009

I put new take off tires and rims from a 2010 Mustang GT on my 2009 convert. (They really look great) Old tires/rims were 16", new tires/rims are P235/zr50 18's. Both sets have TPMS already in the wheels. I plan on leaving new wheels on years around, and sold the old set with the TPMs still in the tires. Whereas I figured this would be a one time deal, I went to the Ford garage to have them reset the monitors. They said it would only take a few minutes, and wouldn't even charge me for the service. A few minutes later the mechanic came back and said he couldn't do it. Supposedly Ford changed from the rim/strap style TPMS to a type that's built into the value stem. First, is this true, or were they just trying to blow some smoke up my hinnie. They also claimed the 2 different systems were non-compatible. I could get the old one's out of the other tires, reinstall them in the new tires, but this would really be a pain in the fanny. If all the above is true, what alternative do I have to "pushing the reset button" on the info monitor every time I start the car. ANYONE GOT A SOLUTION OR WORK-AROUND?? What's this pvc thingy a few people are talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Terry
Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2008 GT, which has the TPMS, and I was wondering if there was any way to link it to my head unit screen in order to display the tire pressures? Has anyone heard of this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems