Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Pic Request: Mach 1 Rims on SN95

Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 PM
nagata
1st Gear Member

Default Pic Request: Mach 1 Rims on SN95

Does anyone have pics of Mach 1 rims on a SN95? I've searched here and on Google, but could only find one pic and it was poor quality.

While I like the look of the stock 17" split spokes that are on my 96 GT, the 245 tires that the 8" rim width allows don't look great, the tires look too narrow for the car, especially from behind. So, I want to go to 17"x9" rims, but I'm trying to decide on style; I want relatively modest, 5-spoke rims, and while I love the various Cobra style rims out there, they're popular to the point of being common place.

I've always loved the look of the Mach 1 rims from the New Edge Mach 1, and they're not overly popular, so I'm looking at getting the 17x9 deep dish black accent replicas that AM has, but I'm not sure of how they'll look on a SN95. Some rims will look great on one body style but bad on another, so I want to avoid that. If anyone can help me out, that'd be awesome! Thanks.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Do you have any pics of your car from the side? Post some up along with a pic of the wheel you prefer and we will do a bit of Photo-shoppin' on them. My skills in this reguard are not as good as some others, mainly b/c I don't actually have Photoshop, but rather just Windows Paint, but can do a good enough job to see if you like the look. Some pepes in here are VERY good at this and may consider asking the custom sig maker to do this for you as well. Try the MF's homepage and see if you can find this person.

Jazzer
Old 01-27-2010, 12:59 PM
nagata
1st Gear Member

Thanks Jazzer! Photoshopping the rims into a pic of my Stang was my first thought, but as I don't have one of the programs that can edit a photo, I was hoping to avoid asking someone else to spend their time on a project of mine. I've got a side view pic somewhere, I'll try to post it this evening.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

You would be surprised at the excuses I can come up with to fart around on the computer rather than clean the house!

Jazzer
Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM
nagata
1st Gear Member

Alright, here's what I've got: side view pics of both sides of my car, as well as pics of other Mustangs with Mach 1 rims on, one of each side. If anyone is able to do a quick cut and past of the Mach 1 wheels onto my 96, I would be VERY grateful! Please let me know if there's anything I can do. Again, I REALLY appreciate it, and if it's not possible, so be it.

Mine:

Wheel pics, courtesy of Google and American Muscle:

I know that the orientations and such aren't exactly spot on, and I'm not expecting perfection, I just want to get a feel for how the machs would look on my 96.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
98BlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Not the Machs but something different!! I like the look of the Mach 1 wheels though I bet they would look good!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Just blur your eyes when looking at the front

I ran out of steam on it a little...
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
nagata
1st Gear Member

You've got a nice 98 there Blue! I love this color of blue, it's just awesome Your rims look good, but I've just never been a big fan of 6 spoke rims on muscle cars. Something about the balance of 6 spokes over 5 just doesn't do it for me, lol.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Hey, mister.... what about my chop?

Jazzer..... sad

PS. When you start into your suspension mods, pepe my Official Suspension guide for more than you ever wanted to know about your options.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
nagata
1st Gear Member

Jazzer, you are the MAN! That's fantastic! I think the look of the rims can definitely go well with the SN95; I'd really need to drop it and inch or so most likely, which I want to do anyway, but I still have to figure out how much drop my BBK LTs will allow. I definitley like the contrast of the black centers and accents to the silver. Hard to say if I like them more than the silver Cobra Rs. I need new front tires when spring comes, so I don't really want to spend money on tires that I may not use for very long. Decisions decisions...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pic Request: Mach 1 Rims on SN95