Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Forgestar F14 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Bobbys_stang

Default Forgestar F14 Wheels

Hello all,

I have been lurking around the forums for quite a while and I finally have a reason to post. First, i would like to say thank you to the forum members for the wealth of information that is on these boards. I have spent countless evenings pouring over the information on here.

I purchased a 2011 Mustang earlier this year and I have just begun the modding process. My goal is to have the majority of the mods completed by the spring.

The first item I purchased is a set of Forgestar F14 Wheels in Piano Black. The wheels are f: 20x9 & r: 20x11. I spent many days going over wheel options and the Forgestars made the most sense given their flow formed construction and my budget. I would like to give a special thanks to Paul at http://howeyindustries.com/ for getting me the perfect offsets to clear my GT500 brakes and a great price.

Here is a quick picture of what the wheels look like in my sizing installed:

The wheels should be ready in 4-6 weeks as they are being custom made with my specifications. I will post updates with pictures when they are delivered and installed. If anyone has experience with these wheels, I would love to hear it.

Bob
Old 10-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Bobby..... sounds like you have lots of cool plans for your Stang, but this post should be in the Post Your Aftermarket Wheels! sticky thread in this section. Please copy all this information to there and begin a new thread on possible future mods in another section

Jazzer

PS If I copy all this stuff over, it will be a post by me, not you, and you would be unable to "edit" it, if needed.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Bobbys_stang

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Bobby..... sounds like you have lots of cool plans for your Stang, but this post should be in the Post Your Aftermarket Wheels! sticky thread in this section. Please copy all this information to there and begin a new thread on possible future mods in another section

Jazzer

PS If I copy all this stuff over, it will be a post by me, not you, and you would be unable to "edit" it, if needed.
That is no problem but the reason I was posting this here is because I was about to ask a tire fitment question since I have yet to buy tires for these wheels. Can I leave the thread here and ask my related tire questions or should I start a new thread for tire questions? It would essentially be the same thread as I explain the wheels and tire sizes.

Thanks

Bob
Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Awesome choice of wheels! Not to be a doom and gloomer but I'm not sure about the 4 to 6 weeks, I have been waiting for 3 months since I ordered mine. I was also told 4 to 6 weeks.

I ordered 19x9.5" and 19x11" in textured black.

Congrats on the purchase! Hopefully we will both be sporting our F14's very soon.

Last edited by Templar; 10-16-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Bobbys_stang

Originally Posted by Templar
Awesome choice of wheels! Not to be a doom and gloomer but I'm not sure about the 4 to 6 weeks, I have been waiting for 3 months since I ordered mine. I was also told 4 to 6 weeks.

I ordered 19x9.5" and 19x11" in textured black.

Congrats on the purchase! Hopefully we will both be sporting our F14's very soon.
I've heard of that happening depending on who you order through. My understanding is that http://howeyindustries.com/ is a main distributor for Forgestar. My buddy just ordered his F14's from Paul and got them in 4 weeks...

I hope I'll see them on time but if not, I'm just happy I'm getting them.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Bobbys_stang

I'm also hoping I can get a 315 tire on the 20x11 but I'm thinking I may be limited to a 305, any thoughts on that?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

OK... NP A 315 will be fine on an 11" wheel.

I saw no mention of wanting tires, so just figured you were pimpin' your new wheels... lol

Well, as I always say.... tires should be chosen by the drivers needs and decided by the budget... what are they?

What kind of driving do you do? Truth be told, you won't have much of an option running a 20" wheel, so I hope your not into the 1/4 mile

Jazzer
Old 10-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Bobbys_stang

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
OK... NP A 315 will be fine on an 11" wheel.

I saw no mention of wanting tires, so just figured you were pimpin' your new wheels... lol

Well, as I always say.... tires should be chosen by the drivers needs and decided by the budget... what are they?

What kind of driving do you do? Truth be told, you won't have much of an option running a 20" wheel, so I hope your not into the 1/4 mile

Jazzer
Jazzer,

No problem. You are right, I mentioned nothing at the beginning about tires. I'm an older guy and still a little new to the forum thing so I do apologize for my ignorance in this area. And truth be told, I am a little excited about my new wheels

I'm looking at a 315/30/20 for the rear. I'm not looking to make the car a mean track machine. While I do enjoy having fun with the vehicle, I'm going for a balance between performance and looks. I had 19's before and the Mustang is just begging to have those wheel wells filled up.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

No probs

Since you have already run a set of 19"s, you can expect more of that NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) associated with a low-profile tire. The issue you WILL have, due to your massive HP/T numbers... is grip, as I just now read your avi area and see what you drive!

You are gonna have the dickens of a time hooking up in general, much less a 20" tire. Regardless of you driving needs, you are gonna need as much grip as you can get, just to safely keep all that power to the ground. Furthermore, I don't see a single tire in your proposed 315/30/20 size at Tire Rack. That certainly doesn't mean there is no such tire, but their selection is HUGE and have zero in that size. This means you are pretty much forced to go higher or lower profile. Higher would be preferable for grip, but I see it as pretty tight squeazing a 315/35/20" tire under your ride @ 29" diameter. Your better bet for clearance, is to go with a lower profile and the only example I found of that was the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup in a 25 series. Your looking at a VERY pretty penny to run those, but you need HUGE grip to safely open your car up and let 'er go.

What do you have in your budget for tires?

Jazzer
Old 10-21-2011, 04:50 PM
1SickSaleen
1st Gear Member

Congrats Bobby. The forgestars are ridiculous (in a good way) on our stangs. I inquired to buy a set through howey and they were fast and repsonsive on there quote and had great pricing. I ended up going with a local dealer over here in Los Angeles since the cost was the exact same and they are closer to forgestar. Eliminate as much time as possible with produciton/shipping...i just hope im not waiting for ever... sorry Templar.

I did a bunch of research in regards to fitment of these wheels with different tire sizes and what not. Im no expert like Jazzer, but from asking around from other owners of the f14's with 315/35's they have no rubbing/fitment issues and most are lowered with sport springs. It also fill the gap pretty well.

Quick Reply: Forgestar F14 Wheels