Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Purchasing Wheels from American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
S281SC_S197

Post Purchasing Wheels from American Muscle

After posting threads on different forums and requesting as much information as possible, I have decided to purchase a new set of rims from American Muscle and share my experience as it unfolds on some different forums (starting here). I received a lot of different information and opinions on American Muscle wheels, both positive and negative. I think most people have some positive things to say, especially about the customer service... hopefully this will help give some insight to anyone looking to purchase wheels from this manufacture....

I will post updates as they happen on this same thread as well as pictures once I receive the wheels.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:03 PM
S281SC_S197

Default Wheels ordered..

Okay, so I called American Muscle today (app. 11am EST) to check availability of the wheels I planned on purchasing (Black Bulitt Motorsport wheels, 20x8.5 and 20x10). Spoke with a very nice employee (will leave out names for now), and expressed to her that I was trying to contact someone from AM on this forums for a discount code, but that my private messaging was not working. She quoted me the discounted price for the wheel set (not a huge discount, but something is better than nothing). She told me that I could call back and ask for her or anyone else would help me.

I knew that to have the order shipped same day, I would need to place purchase by 3pm EST. I called back (2:45 EST) after making the solid decision to purchase and asked for her, but she was not available, so I had the gentleman on the line help. I explained the situation and gave him the product list for the wheels. He asked if I needed anything else, and at first I said no... (on purpose) to check and see if he would recommend some new lug nuts. I had heard many people mention that stock lugs will not work with AM wheels, so I mentioned that I may need some new lug nuts and he verified that the stock ones would not work. I was a little disappointed that they wouldn't bring this up with me and I had to bring up to him, but I will chalk this up to the fact that many people may have access to aftermarket lug nuts pretty easily, so I placed the order and paid for it. I requested a receipt be emailed to me (which I assume they do anyways since he requested my email address), and as expected, he sent it right over. After reviewing the receipt on my email, I realized that they was not a discount code for mustangforums.com, so I picked up the phone and dialed back in. I spoke with a gentleman that noted their inability to put that code in unless I had it from the forum member assigned to control discounts on this forum. I then explained that my private messaging was not working and I was quoted the discount pricing by another employee earlier in the day. He stated that there was nothing he could do, and that I would have to contact a certain person on this forum to get the discount code and then call back and see if a manager could help me out. Seems like a lot of work to do for a small discount, but like I said earlier, every penny counts.

Of course, there are some great positives here too.... I received free shipping (which they do for everyone), which should save a few bucks. I would have loved to take advantage of free mounting and balancing as well, but unfortunately, they do not supply Nitto Invo tires, so I am unable to take benefit from that program. I was quoted 2 business days for shipping, so rims should be here on Monday.

Looking forward to receiving them.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
S281SC_S197

Smile Shipping confirmed!!!

Received email at 5:39 EST that rims were shipped including tracking numbers for all separate packages... Only 2 hours after ordering. So far so good.....
Old 03-11-2010, 08:43 PM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

With AM having such a large customer base, there is going to be a margin of error. I have ordered wheels and tires from AM, and had no issues with them. Hope everything works out.