Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

AM Bullitt rim-need Pony/Tri-Bar center cap

Old 03-25-2011, 09:13 PM
funmoneypit

Default AM Bullitt rim-need Pony/Tri-Bar center cap

Just put on my AM Bullitt chrome deep dish wheels and want to use some pony center caps. My stock ones on my 18" fan blades will not work. Has anyone found some that will work? Will the ones from the '04 and earlier cars work? They look like they are the right size. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

If the diameter is correct, sounds like the plastic insert piece does not fit properly and is normally the case. I had this issue on my own wheels when I swapped my OEM Saleen wheels to the aftermarket ones I had widened.

Use a razorblade and peel ALL the stickers off of each plastic insert. Use silicone adheasive to glue the stickers/emblems you want onto the plastic inserts that fit the wheels you want. Allow them time to dry and your all good

Jazzer
Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 AM
funmoneypit

The diameter is not correct. The caps on the new wheels fit in the hole where our caps actually sit on top of the hole. I have been told that the older '04 and earlier caps will work. They don't have the chrome ring around them and fit in the hole flush. I will be ordering some today hopefully. Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

OK.... so the cap fits like a bottle-top and overlaps the edges of the opening a bit?

If you have additional trouble, give me a pic and happy to help figure something out for you

Jazzer the friendly kitty
Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 AM
funmoneypit

Thanks so much, appreciate the offer of help. I will post once I receive them. I did order them from a Ford dealer on Ebay so we will see. My local dealer wanted $35 a piece plus tax. I got them for $97 total shipped. Still kind of expensive but that is the look I want so you gotta pay sometimes. Thanks again!!
Old 04-02-2011, 04:34 PM
funmoneypit

For those of you that have AM Bullitt wheels (maybe other AM wheels, I don't know) the '04 and earlier factory center caps will work perfectly. Got my center caps on today. They fit perfectly flush with the wheel and look just like they were supposed to from the factory. I am really happy with them. Anyone with these same wheels (AM Bullitt deep dish chrome) you can just buy the factory center caps for the '04 and earlier Mustangs and you will be good. Yeah!!! Here is a couple of pics.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:22 PM
PoisonIvy
1st Gear Member

Good info. Thanks. I'll most likely be switching a set over.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

eggsellent