Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Forgestar F14 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Bobbys_stang

Jazzer,

Thanks for all the great information. I'm fine with spending anywhere from 900.00 to 1800.00 on a set of tires.

1SickSaleen,

Thanks for the info on the 315/35, this is what i really want to go with. When I ordered through Howey Industries, they told me the wheels will be shipped to me directly from CA? I'll have to check on this to make sure that I'm not waiting extra for shipping.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Bobbys_stang

Default Update

******Update******

Checked with Paul at howeyindustries, the wheels will be shipped directly from Forgestar to me
Old 12-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Did you get your F14's yet? I have waited 20 weeks and I still don't have a set of wheels I can use.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:04 AM
1SickSaleen
1st Gear Member

20 weeks!!!....that is lame. Hopefully they come any day now. My set is ready. I have to go pick them up and get them thrown on. I came up on a set of 315/35's form the parts section on here. The tires are super fat and awesome. Should be on next week sometime.

I definitely need to take some pics and start posting them.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1SickSaleen
20 weeks!!!....that is lame. Hopefully they come any day now. My set is ready. I have to go pick them up and get them thrown on. I came up on a set of 315/35's form the parts section on here. The tires are super fat and awesome. Should be on next week sometime.

I definitely need to take some pics and start posting them.
The wheels came, fronts didn't fit. Grease cap stuck through the center cap hole when the wheel was tightened on.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:44 AM
1SickSaleen
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Templar
The wheels came, fronts didn't fit. Grease cap stuck through the center cap hole when the wheel was tightened on.
Really... was it an offset issue?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Really... was it an offset issue?
The major problem was on the fronts. The grease cap stuck through the hole for the center cap, the grease cap actually stuck out about 1/4" further than the surface of the wheel. Offset was incorrect also, the wheel stuck out way to far.

Obviously a mistake has been made, that's human. However, how the mistake is dealt with will make or break my opinion of Forgestar.

Time will tell, I will keep everyone posted on what happens from here.

FWIW the rears fit and looked great.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:41 AM
1SickSaleen
1st Gear Member

Wow. Do you know the specs of the wheel they shipped out to you(offsets?). I dont remember but did you order 20's or 19's?? One think that made me uneasy was that forgestar didnt/wont release those specs.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Wow. Do you know the specs of the wheel they shipped out to you(offsets?). I dont remember but did you order 20's or 19's?? One think that made me uneasy was that forgestar didnt/wont release those specs.

No idea on specs, whatever they are doesn't work.

They are 19".
Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Bobbys_stang

Hey guys, I should of updated this thread a while ago. I received my Forgestar F14's from Howey Industries in 4 weeks. The fitment, turnaround, and service couldn't of been better. Talk to Paul and he will get you fitment that is dead nuts on! PM if anyone would like his direct email. I was talking to him yesterday about another set for my C6 vette and I think they have a few sets of F14's in stock.

I will be posting pics once the vehicle is out of the shop.

Templar, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like whoever you ordered from knows nothing about our cars... My fitment couldn't be more perfect.

Last edited by Bobbys_stang; 01-05-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Forgestar F14 Wheels