Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

New Edge Pet Peeve

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 PM
GalaxiePete
1st Gear Member

Default New Edge Pet Peeve

I know more people than I have the pet peeve of the front fender versus the rear fender wheel placement. It just looks goofy with stock wheels. Does anyone off hand know what size wheel spacer would be required to make the wheels appear to have the same relative outer edge appearance/spacing if you are running the same size wheels on front and rear?

You know what I mean - (just using round numbers) the front wheel is set back half an inch from the fender line. While the rear wheel is set back an 1"-1.5".
Old 10-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I am not a big fan of spacers for moving wheels outward that much. I run a set of 1/2" spacers, but because I could not get an 11" Saleen-style wheel. I also had some custom studs machined and replaced in my axles. I think the 1"+ spacers introduce some strain on bearings and can become loose behind wheels. I feel it is better to install wider wheels or one with an off-set that brings the wheel outward, as you would like it. One must be careful, as fender clearance must be made to get even with the fronts.

Jazzer