Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Paint quality on AMR Charcoal Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
ST8GT

Default Paint quality on AMR Charcoal Rims?

Hi Everyone, I am wondering if others are happy with the paint quality on their AMR Charcoal rims?

I ordered a 19" staggered set for my '13 and have some concerns.

Is the paint thick enough to give a nice even shine across the front of the rim?

Is the lug nut and inside of the rim actually painted, or just lightly covered by overspray?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco....html#shop-by3
Old 08-31-2012, 04:26 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ST8GT
Hi Everyone, I am wondering if others are happy with the paint quality on their AMR Charcoal rims?

I ordered a 19" staggered set for my '13 and have some concerns.

Is the paint thick enough to give a nice even shine across the front of the rim?

Is the lug nut and inside of the rim actually painted, or just lightly covered by overspray?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco....html#shop-by3
ST8GT,

We've had great results from the AMR wheels. They are a great looking wheel and have an awesome Drift Inspired look to them! As far as finish goes we haven't had any complaints. The entire wheel is powder coated in a Matte Charcoal finish, including the lug nut holes.

We pride our self's on our wheels and stand behind all of our products. I'm confident you'll be very happy with the quality, fit and finish. Just for a little insurance to our customers, we offer a 1-Year finish warranty and a Lifetime Structural damage warranty!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! Thank you for your business and loyalty!

- Dan
Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 AM
ST8GT

Hi Dan, Thanks for responding. It is always nice to have the vendors support.

Would it be possible for you to post some close up shots of the wheels for me?

I am trying to determine if what I am seeing is normal and I am just being too picky, or if there is a problem with the finish.

I would specifically like to see a closeup of a lug nut hole from the front side at an angle to see down the hole, a close of at an angle of where the spokes meet the rim, and a close up of the inside of the rim across the width of the inside of the wheel.

If you prefer to take this offline, I am fine with that.

Also, I would still like to hear some user opinions, I know these are a very popular wheel from a reputable company. This is why I chose the wheels.

Thank you,
Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ST8GT
Hi Dan, Thanks for responding. It is always nice to have the vendors support.

Would it be possible for you to post some close up shots of the wheels for me?

I am trying to determine if what I am seeing is normal and I am just being too picky, or if there is a problem with the finish.

I would specifically like to see a closeup of a lug nut hole from the front side at an angle to see down the hole, a close of at an angle of where the spokes meet the rim, and a close up of the inside of the rim across the width of the inside of the wheel.

If you prefer to take this offline, I am fine with that.

Also, I would still like to hear some user opinions, I know these are a very popular wheel from a reputable company. This is why I chose the wheels.

Thank you,
I can definitely look into this for you. Shoot me an email so I can send your information over to a CS supervisor. We have a guy who's full time job is to go back and forth between the warehouse for stuff like this!

dan[dot]bailer[at]americanmuscle[dot]com

- Dan
Old 09-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Someone on here worries as much as my dead granny
Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Haha, AM will take care of you.. I know a few cats who bought the AMR charcoals and had no complaints. Hell I even came close to buying a set but wanted a deep dish wheels instead..
Old 09-06-2012, 03:02 PM
ST8GT

Originally Posted by Daehawk
Someone on here worries as much as my dead granny
I take it you don't think it is reasonable to expect new wheels to have nice consistent paint throughout the face and rim?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM
MM2012

i love the AMR wheels