Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
View Poll Results: Invo or KDW2
Nitto Invo
20.00%
BFG KDW2
80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Nitto INVO vs BFG KDW

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:56 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Default Nitto INVO vs BFG KDW

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for some tires and have it down to between the INVO and KDW. The only downside I've heard about the KDW's is the road noise. Wondering if someone has experience with both and could chime in? Also thinking of increasing rear tire from 275 to 285, know it's not much of an increase and with that being sad, do you think that if I don't reprogram my tuner with that change it would make a big difference?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 AM
orlando569

I have the INVO on my 07 GT. They are good tires, road noise is not bad at all, they wear quickly but for the price in my opinion there are some better choices. I live in Florida. My next set will probably be Nitto 555 or Sumitomo, Kuhmo Ecsta....there are some things you should consider when deciding....How you drive(track, weekend warrior or daily driver). How often you drive ( I drive my stang only on the weekends), where you live( all season or summer). Check out the reviews on tire rack. For me since I dont use my car as a daily driver, Road noise and performance are the biggest factors. For others who drive their cars daily Road Wear is a big factor for them. Hopefully yhis helps.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:18 AM
orlando569

Sorry for the typo....i should have spell checked
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by orlando569
I have the INVO on my 07 GT. They are good tires, road noise is not bad at all, they wear quickly but for the price in my opinion there are some better choices. I live in Florida. My next set will probably be Nitto 555 or Sumitomo, Kuhmo Ecsta....there are some things you should consider when deciding....How you drive(track, weekend warrior or daily driver). How often you drive ( I drive my stang only on the weekends), where you live( all season or summer). Check out the reviews on tire rack. For me since I dont use my car as a daily driver, Road noise and performance are the biggest factors. For others who drive their cars daily Road Wear is a big factor for them. Hopefully yhis helps.
Thanks for the review. Probably should have mentioned the car is a daily driver, but now that I'm at school maybe drive the car once a week... if that. One of the reasons I was looking at the Invos was the quietness and comfort, my last tires were pretty loud. I have also read that they last a good while (read on forums 20k-30k)
Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

I use 555 for street use.. If that's all you need they are plenty performing and last a bit longer, a little cheaper, and I think a bit better in the rain (which you will need living in Florida, ha)
Old 09-17-2012, 01:44 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
I use 555 for street use.. If that's all you need they are plenty performing and last a bit longer, a little cheaper, and I think a bit better in the rain (which you will need living in Florida, ha)
Ya I was looking at those, but heard that they get to be kinda loud at speed.

Haha yeah I live in So. Cal where its like 70 year round, so don't see much rain except those random days lol
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Added poll
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Ehhh, they're slightly noiser but not bad.. Nothing my exhaust doesn't take car of, ha.. Either tire is a good choice, I've never used Invo but I had first gen KDWs on previous cars and liked them. I would say they were just as loud though.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Yeah, that's the only down side I'm hearing to the KDW 2's is just they are a loud tire but perform very well.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

"Loud" is a tough word. The BFGs will be loud if you're in a car designed for quiet ride comfort. In a Mustang, the road noise is nothing you will notice.

Of the two, the BFG will be a better street use tire when looking for mostly dry road performance, and will be far superior when the rain does fall. I've been very impressed with track day use as well. They'll also last longer than the Nittos.

Quick Reply: Nitto INVO vs BFG KDW