Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Wheel/Tire Set-Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 02:21 PM
@StarCityStang07

Arrow Wheel/Tire Set-Up

Looking for a good wheel and tire setup that will give me the perfect gap between the tire and wheel well. Any Ideas? I kind of like the look of the STR607 Aluminum faced wheels but i'm open to anything.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:02 PM
Mike@WheelExperts
Former Sponsor

Hey! If you're still in the market for wheels and tires let me know. We have a large selection of all different types of wheels available. We can make sure they fit your vehicle exactly how you want, and can fit into your budget. Let me know how I can help! Check out http://www.wheelexperts.com
Old 01-24-2017, 06:52 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by @StarCityStang07
Looking for a good wheel and tire setup that will give me the perfect gap between the tire and wheel well. Any Ideas? I kind of like the look of the STR607 Aluminum faced wheels but i'm open to anything.
Try to define what a "perfect gap" means to you, as closely as possible. If your car is lowered, that matters, too. Otherwise you're going to get what other people like for themselves, which might not match up with your preferences.

Some idea of tire size would also help, width at least.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-24-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:51 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by @StarCityStang07
If you want that perfect gap, do it with suspension, not tire size. If you change the rolling diameter of your wheel and tire, you will throw off the speedometer and wheel sensors calibrated for your stock drive train combination. That is why when you get bigger wheels and tires for that new ride, you get a smaller sidewall to compensate for the larger diameter tire. For example, going from a 55 series to a 45 series sidewall will maintain the correct rolling diameter. It is called plus sizing.