Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Offset

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Punisher25u

Default Offset

I apologise for being a newb. But hey. Everyone starts off at the bottom. Anyway, I was just telling a guy in my unit about a set of staggered wheels I want to get off of American Muscle. He very quickly made me realize I don't know nearly as much about cars as I'd like to. I want my wheels to stick out far enough to be flush with the fenders. Maybe even just a tiny bit further. But I never thought about offset. I just need more information. What do I need to be looking for in order to get that look I want?

I'm thinking of going with 17x9/10.5 or 18x9/10.5 if that makes any kind of difference. And I'm considering this coilover kit.

​​​http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-performance-v2-coil-over-9404.html

I'd greatly appreciate any input I can get.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:09 PM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

What are the offsets on the wheels you are looking at? Offsets, rim size, and tire size will all factor in with each other when looking for the flushed look. Thats what you are looking for.

I have a 305/30 20x10 +45 offset rear and a 255/35 20x8.5 +35 offset front. My rear is pretty much flushed with the fender as where my front kind of sink in the fender if that makes sense.