Wisconsin Regional Chapter Chapter President: mstngsule68

sensors

Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
valkera

Default sensors

1994 3.8L v6 convertible. I had a GT and traded down way further than was supposed to. got a problem with a sensor. the testing equipment is hard to find and what we did, (I am 56 and not mechanical) but greg and I replaced head gaskets, egr valve tubing and he rewired, then I had to get new coil. The previous owner forced a situation where greg had to rewire my car. I know he has been in this forum. He has done all he can do and it wont start. I can hear the engine and it sounds good. There is no arc going to the ignition spark plug. The wires were tested and they are good. Greg has walked away, leaving behind unfamiliar territory. I have to figure out what to do. A master mechanic at the college validated his work and it seems that the tool for testing sensors are hard to find for a 94...Its in a small town, Galesville, while I am in La cross and I have to figure out something I know nothing of. What would be the first sensor to go bad that affects the ignition spark plug? Is there a chronological order as to what to test? Where would I get a tester, preferably with arms and legs...I have cried so much over this car, all the weeks he said I would have it only to be 8 months later (car has been outside all winter) and now it wont start. Battery is brand new. The first thing he did was opened the hood, looked around the engine, pulled a green and a red wire from the firewall that were attached to the top of the engines. Were those wires what was keeping the car starting> Can I redo those wires or is there a sensor I should look for. I know I sound stupid but I want my car running. No offense, but I don't trust any mechanic. My dad had always worked on everything but he's gone. who can help