Notices
2.3L Eco-Boost Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the Eco-Boost variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

2015 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 AM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SD 197
My real concern will be the styling. If it looks like a 2-door Fusion, I will have an issue with it.
Some people will see a turnip in a banana.

There is nothing wrong with a brand look.
Look at BMW they all have the same grill from the 35 thousand 325's to the 850's at 80 thousand+++.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:30 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
A turbo Mustang would bring the aftermarket out of the woodwork with big turbo swap kits.

This is exactly what I'm thinking, Just watch for some mean turbo swaps that make it compete with the v8 or be even faster.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:33 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thxultra
This is exactly what I'm thinking, Just watch for some mean turbo swaps that make it compete with the v8 or be even faster.
Assuming the internals don't fly apart with a increase in boost. Let's face it ford isn't exactly known for giving us the best rods and pistons.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

I'm looking at buying a Mustang because it's a muscle car. If I was in the market for a turbo 4, then a lot more choices would be on the table. I mean, handling would be great with less weight up front but again, there are many choices with refined suspensions. I don't see the point of it. Nothing will ever sound like a V8 except a V8.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:27 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
I find it funny that folks are all up in arms about a four cylinder in a Mustang. Really?

Do none of you know the history of the Mustang? The Mustang came with a four cylinder and sold exceptionally well for nearly 20 years. This also isn't the first time the Mustang came with a turbo four either.

Get up in arms, act angry and look like a total tool, it is all good. Ford knows what they are doing, and they have been doing it for a long time. The Ecoboost Mustang won't sell as well as the V6 with similar power and a higher price. The V8 will still be the power choice.

At the end of the day, the base model outsells the performance model every day.

Getting upset about it just makes you look silly, especially when it is a formula that is proven to work.

BINGO!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

This is why the 'Stang is so popular. It is different things to different people. For me, it's a Ford with a V8 that I sold years ago and miss dearly. (I hope they never drop that option!) For some it's having a cute convertible. For others it's something they can customize with a huge aftermarket following. It reminds me much of the VW beetle craze years ago. It was an air-cooled 4 banger and the reasons to own one was as varied as it gets.

One thing that puzzles me about Ford is the lack of a comparable car to the Corvette. I once thought the Ford GT might be the car but then it was shelved.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:50 PM
rjstubbl
1st Gear Member

Bring out an Ecoboost 5.0 and then I'll think about getting the new one.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Genxer
One thing that puzzles me about Ford is the lack of a comparable car to the Corvette. I once thought the Ford GT might be the car but then it was shelved.
Ford doesn't have a response to the Corvette since their targeted demographic is about having a more accessible car. The working guys car.

That's not to say they haven't proven themselves in racing since the Boss 302 S & R's have more than given the Corvette entries a run for the win in different classes of sanctioned SCCA.

The S550 might be the model to finally put down a Corvette but kicker, who knows. The SVO reborn with the 2.3 ecoboost to take on the GM Camaro RS and do it with less fuel consumption...The GT Brembo in the Coyote N/A mode with some intake tweaks to stomp on the 1LE, The GT 350 would likely step in for the Boss 302 replacement with a revised roadrunner platform and possibly direct port fuel injection to Kill the z28 and then the door is open for a Shelby GT 500 maybe with a variant of the Trinity with a Supercharger to take on the mid range Corvette. Then The Mach 1 with a flat 8 and twin-scroll Twin turbos to eat the top tier Corvette models. Then they would pull a hat trick by competing with the GM offerings using a single platform with open trim options for the buyer.

It would be the sweetest whoop *** story if that's the path they take to stomping the GM camp's fire out.... Then they take what they learn... bring back the Falcon and Fairlane platform in Lincoln trim to kick the **** out of the Cadillac segment.

Then to seal the deal they revive the Cougar, Torino and Capri and bring the Mercury Division back from the dead.

As a company that is currently operating in the black as opposed to the red like GM... they are in a position to slowly creep up and dominate. Especially now that GM is reeling from the recent recall mess they're in.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Then to seal the deal they revive the Cougar.............
F*****A!!!!!!!!!

Your best post yet!
Don't take offense, I have a sweet thing for the Cougar
The 1970 one that is...
Old 05-02-2014, 08:30 PM
jpsexton

I'm anxious to see it myself. It's 300+ hp, who cares how many cylinders?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang?