Notices
2.3L Eco-Boost Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the Eco-Boost variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Anyone have this version?

Old 05-21-2015, 03:42 AM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone have this version?

EB with automatic and PP?
I'm finding it appealing,though I figured myself as a GT/manual trans guy.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:55 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Camster
EB with automatic and PP?
I'm finding it appealing,though I figured myself as a GT/manual trans guy.

Hey Cam,

It's funny, I was just thinking this same thing myself!

Coming from my 6 Speed Manual 2014 GT and jumping into the driver seat of our automatic Eco-boost, it's hard to tell which one I like more! This thing is a blast to drive and I take it out whenever I can.

That being said, I don't think I could give up my manual V8. It really is personal preference but I wouldn't mind either!

-Will
Old 05-23-2015, 01:13 PM
rgingo

Cam, Will...
Just got my own EB/auto w/50yr trim (but not perf pkg)..... and I like it quite a bit. I compared it to my 2011/6 and the new GT. Of course the GT was all that you expect, but I was impressed with the more agile-handling in the EB. Since I spend most of my time on public roads (mostly with other cars on it of course), I didn't find the power lacking.... in fact when cruising at (near) the speed limit, the EB will pull strongly even from 6th gear, in fact noticeably better than the 6 (and even the 8). In the real world these are the important differences to me, not the theoretical top-end.

In the near future I may up the performance with a tune, then maybe the air-intake, etc. I am also pulling an average (for N Texas highways/suburban with lots of quick passes, etc) gas mileage of 27-29 MPG and up to mid 30's on cruise control. For long car trips on interstates, this is all good.

I do really love this car.

Bob
Old 05-23-2015, 03:41 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

A few minor mods and you can be as fast as a GT. Well at the drag strip anyway. Congrats on the new car.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgingo
Cam, Will...
Just got my own EB/auto w/50yr trim (but not perf pkg)..... and I like it quite a bit. I compared it to my 2011/6 and the new GT. Of course the GT was all that you expect, but I was impressed with the more agile-handling in the EB. Since I spend most of my time on public roads (mostly with other cars on it of course), I didn't find the power lacking.... in fact when cruising at (near) the speed limit, the EB will pull strongly even from 6th gear, in fact noticeably better than the 6 (and even the 8). In the real world these are the important differences to me, not the theoretical top-end.

In the near future I may up the performance with a tune, then maybe the air-intake, etc. I am also pulling an average (for N Texas highways/suburban with lots of quick passes, etc) gas mileage of 27-29 MPG and up to mid 30's on cruise control. For long car trips on interstates, this is all good.

Bob
Thanks for the feedback.I bought a new Accord for a daily driver last year,and I must admit,I'm liking the gas mileage.My old GT is just a cruiser,not a racer-the 4 would be adequate for me.I might have to listen to one first.I love the GT burble,but whenever someone hits the gas in a V6 Camaro or Mustang........yuck.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:35 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rgingo
Cam, Will...

Bob
They are definitely awesome cars and I'm glad you're loving yours! We some some huge gains with just some minor mods, check it out here:

-Will