Notices
2.3L Eco-Boost Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the Eco-Boost variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

AC only blowing cold on passenger side ( blend door actuator?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 03:28 PM
sagelee

Default AC only blowing cold on passenger side ( blend door actuator?)

So on my wife's mustang (2015 ecoboost premium) the AC often is just straight hot air on the driver's side, and cold on the passenger side. From what I've read it seams to be the blend door actuator is the common culprit(and that its tiny gear teeth break off) Does this sound about right, if so I've also heard that there are two different actuators, how do I know which one to buy?

Also, shes just passed her warranty, so no help from ford here. And I work on cars all the time, so I'm perfectly fine saving the money and doing the labor myself. Just need to make sure this is the correct part. Thanks

MOTORCRAFT YH1945 {#DG9Z19E616K}
Old 09-28-2017, 01:06 PM
EcoP2015

Sounds like the evaporator is going out. This happened on mine after 22K and it is broke again at 35K. The whole dash has to come out to replace it.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:55 AM
lifanus

Common problem with mustang from 2015-17. Evaporator going out, my wife’s failed twice within first year and we live in hot humid Florida. They replaced it twice. Go to dealership to replace it under warranty before warranty goes out!

The ac will be cold on passenger side but eventually passenger side will be hot too.

Apparently they are using the same evaporator for replacement so it is likely to fail again.