Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
Old 10-23-2015, 05:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang GT Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:29 PM
dstanger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How To: Install GT bumpers. Pics included!

Hey guys, I did some google's on those part numbers and come back with nothing more than mustangforum links.... can anyone help me isolate where I can call to order everything I need for this install? I am actually surprised that everything isn't included with the front end I just paid almost $500 to get delivered to me.... when I ordered it I thought it was all I needed, lights, grill, etc.
Thanks!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 PM
tucsondivots

I am in the process of installing a GT front bumper on my V6 (2005). By reading the threads, I understand the fender shields/liners are different on the GT than the V6.

Hupperware and Spartan VI (great write-up!) advised the part numbers are 16102 and 16103. My Ford dealership is quoting $35 for each -- a lot higher than the pricing I have seen discussed in the the threads (from $11 to $16). The parts guy asked me if it is the front or back piece. I assume I need to put these on with the new install and ~$20 would not be so bad. But $70 seems pretty pricey. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks!!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I'm still thinking about doing the V8 appearance but this thread just says you can't use the pony grille in the V8 bumper at all. I read someone saying you can do it a while ago, but it doesn't fit properly. Someone should put a tutorial in this thread covering that too. I'd just assume stick with my V6 bumpers if I can't.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:04 AM
n8p50

Default RE: HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)

Thanks for all the hard work, I installed my bumper last night and it was a breeze. Great pictures and explinations.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:51 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

o yeh the ford dealers are rapists....I went there to get the bolts for my sway bar, and they quoted me like 70 bux, when on fordparts.com they were only 32 shipped
Old 09-03-2007, 06:38 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Great thread. BTW, I have a Black 06 Front Bumper for sale for only $75, Washington or Oregon PU only.

https://mustangforums.com/m_3369219/tm.htm
Old 09-10-2007, 06:06 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

WOW, can't thank you enough for this posting, i am putting on the ROUSH front facsia, but first i have to treat it as a "GT bumper conversion" this will save mne soooooo much trouble
Old 09-19-2007, 05:14 AM
el_unico_diablo

This post is great, I've got all the parts needed for the conversion except the GT bumper (which I will pick up at Diversified) and the fender liners. I was wondering, is it necessary to buy new fender liners or will I be ok with the ones that the V6 already has?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:51 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I need to remove my front passenger fender to pound out some big dents. How do those rivets that connect the front of the fender to the bumper come out? Looks like 2 silver rivets and 2 plastic things on each side. Do you have the pic guide on how to remove the fender? Thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

^^^ Those rivets you are talking about are only for the turn signals.. they hold the brace for it on.. the rest of the bolts can be removed simply by getting a 10mm socket wrench.. there are only 3 bolts.. if you unplug the turn signal lights and undo these bolts the bumper will pull out without any issues.

Spartan IV, I was going to do a writeup to "out-do" yours, because I thought I could to it better, but in reality, you did a really really really good job! I didn't understand what some of the descriptions meant in your diagrams, but they all made perfect sense when the time came to do the swap. The only thing I would make clearer was the RIVETS..

When I got to them I had to make a 15 minute Home Depot run..
I drilled straight down on them and they gave withing a minute each, not the bumper.. I didnt hurt the bumper at all.
Other than that, BRAVO!

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)