Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
Old 10-23-2015, 05:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang GT Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:33 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Don't think the foam is even necessary. They looked the same to me, maybe the GT was slightly thicker, but might compress down over time.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:35 AM
nitecrawler27

where can i get the rivets, i went to ford and they dont sell them? or what type of nut/bolt can i use to replace it?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:58 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nitecrawler27
where can i get the rivets, i went to ford and they dont sell them? or what type of nut/bolt can i use to replace it?
I would make sure that if you use nuts and bolts that you try as get ones with as small as a head as possible. I just did this install last week and got some pretty big bolts and now they have created a kind of gap on the side of my car where the bumper meets the rear quarter panel. its only noticeable if you're looking right at it but it still bothers me lol
Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

i would have bought the tc.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Attempting to go through http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/ for the parts as this is the next project I'm working on.

Their diagrams seem to be either sketchy or non-existent, plus a total lack of item description. But for the price of the items it seems worth the trouble to dig through their site and figure out which ones are which. Practically half the cost compared to local stealership so I'll work with these guys.

Are both Front and Rear portions of the Fender Liner required?

Fender Liner
Liner Extension

The Liner Extension does not specify which model, whereas the Fender Liner asks if you have a Base, GT, or Shelby Cobra. So is it only the actual Fender Liner that is needed for the swap, and the Liner Extension is th same for all models of Mustang? That seems to be the insinuation from the description of the items. But always best to check and make sure.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 AM
scorpio333
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the write up, just finished putting a rear bumper on. Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but don't forget to remove the two push pins below the bumper I was cruising right along and the dang thing was caught up on those. So anyone else coming through here in the future should add that step right after: Remove the 4 screws labelled (3) on the fender liners.

I was lucky enough to get a GT bumper that still had the wire bracket holder thingy still on it, that saved a bunch of time.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scorpio333
Thanks for the write up, just finished putting a rear bumper on. Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but don't forget to remove the two push pins below the bumper I was cruising right along and the dang thing was caught up on those. So anyone else coming through here in the future should add that step right after: Remove the 4 screws labelled (3) on the fender liners.

I was lucky enough to get a GT bumper that still had the wire bracket holder thingy still on it, that saved a bunch of time.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vegasfilter
i would have bought the tc.
From your replies around here, let's just say I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by SPARTAN VI; 07-23-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
givants

i cant see none of the pictures for it
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by givants
i cant see none of the pictures for it
Yeah, apparently the website that hosted the images 4 years ago has dissolved. If I still have the pictures, I'll try uploading them somewhere else. But it's been so long, I'm not sure if I can still make sense of them.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)