Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Shelby CS6 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
peteypete

Default RE: Shelby CS6 Hood

http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/p...10cde4e41c8950
Old 08-10-2006, 06:24 PM
bwilder10h
1st Gear Member

That's the same joint that is selling them on ebay.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton
ORIGINAL: Tony65
I got a source for a genuine gt500 hood, i'll be getting that next week. Little pricey, but damn it looks good, much different than the cs6, imo better, especially on black
The GT500 hood is nice, BUT if you look at the way the lines are on that hood, especially the front, it does not match the regular GT. especially because the lights are angled differently on the GT500 and thus match up with the hood. The stock ones are not angled and thus wouldnt match the lines. JMO though.
+1 if you put it on a stock GT front end it is going to look really goofy. You need the complete front end if you are going to do the hood.

Edit: I would like the GT-H/CS-6 hood much more if it were functional.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

+1^
Old 08-15-2006, 02:21 AM
JoeBlack

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

+1 if you put it on a stock GT front end it is going to look really goofy. You need the complete front end if you are going to do the hood.

It won't look that bad after all they did it with the GT/H for Hertz all they did was use the CS/GT front fascia instead of the regular GT fascia.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JoeBlack

It won't look that bad after all they did it with the GT/H for Hertz all they did was use the CS/GT front fascia instead of the regular GT fascia.
Right, but those are different than the GT500. The lights on the GT500 are different, the grille is different, etc. And by different, i dont mean just cosmetically different. If you take the GT500 grille and try to put it on a GT, it wont fit. The angles are different, etc. The lines just dont match up imho unless you do the entire front; hood, fascia, drille, all of it.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:07 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

ORIGINAL: JoeBlack

Right, but those are different than the GT500. The lights on the GT500 are different, the grille is different, etc. And by different, i dont mean just cosmetically different. If you take the GT500 grille and try to put it on a GT, it wont fit. The angles are different, etc. The lines just dont match up imho unless you do the entire front; hood, fascia, drille, all of it.
Yep I was referring to the GT500 hood not looking right with a GT or C/S front end. The GT-H/CS-6 hood looks fine with a GT front end, but I still would like the hood a lot more if it were functional.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:28 PM
bigboss

si, does anybody knows if cortc got his cs6 hood?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:50 PM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

No not yet, I have been busy with the Supercharger and brakes...

ORIGINAL: bigboss

si, does anybody knows if cortc got his cs6 hood?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 PM
warstory26
1st Gear Member

I just got mine in today its not painted yet or any thing but if any one wants some pic I post some.another thing like they said up top it isnt functional but I love the hood just the same. As far as who has them I got mine from shelby but thats after months of waiting and shelby isn't taking anymore orders they re doing all of that through Hilbank motorsports. and from what I can tell they marked up the price just a bit. The hood has a grill for it which I didn't get and now am going to need. It goes where the hood scoops down but that grill comes with the wiper nozzles. The dawm thing is 90 bucks!! I just hope I don't have to wait another 3 months for it.

Quick Reply: Shelby CS6 Hood