Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Help Me Decide (Tusgen or Blk)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 07:11 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default Help Me Decide (Tusgen or Blk)

I am ready to buy my 06 but have been holding off because I can't decide on the color. The Tusgen looks good but then there are times when it seems to look almost bluish or purple...but then other times it looks graphite....but lets face it the Black is always good...it looks so mean.

I live in Texas and I haven't had a Black car before, I just worry the paint would fade so quick in the heat here...but damn it looks good. To be honest I think it is the best color for the new body stye.

HELP[&o]
Old 08-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help Me Decide (Tusgen or Blk)

Go black or go home. It gets dirty quick but I still would pick black if I had to do it again.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

Black is always beautiful. I chose Tungsten because I like the fact that it looks different depending on the lighting conditions, on top of the base graphite color being something you dont see every day. Dirt doesnt show much unless your up close too.

Go with what you like. =)
Old 08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
R3troGT
1st Gear Member

Well I am a little biased but I would have to recommend Tungsten. It is very easy to keep clean. I have had two F150 Harley Davidson Editions, both black, and it was a lot of work to keep them shinning.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:36 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Black cars get dirty really fast. If you have hard water you'll get nice white spots after hosing it down. Scratches and paint chips are a bitch on black cars, they show up instantly. And you are in Texas... I'll be there in 69 days from now, and our redfire stang attracts the sun like crazy. I don't want to know what a black one would do to your interior temperature sitting in a parkinglot.

But you are right, they look good. But you also need to keep your tirewalls clean and black, and keep your rubbers nice and black... A black car means you'll have to give it a lot of loving!

Tungsten gray would be my choice between the two!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 AM
astroGT
1st Gear Member

Keep in mind that black is much easier to match than anything else. So, you will get the scratches, yes, but fixing them is not as much of a pain in the ***. But you do have to wash your car at least 2 times a week to keep it looking good.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:32 AM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

Depends on your energy level. Black=lots of detail time, all spots and dirt will show as soon as you wash it. Tungsten=less detail, fewer washes and more time to drive.

Black is awesome but needs alot of attention, Tungsten also looks great and will stay looking great longer. IMO!?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:40 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

i don't know why everyone says black is so hard to upkeep. i don't think it shows dirt quicker than any other color, but it is easy to wash and as long as you wax it every once in a while it isn't that bad. i don't wash it any more or less than my white car. then again i think white shows dirt easily too, so who knows.

also, my last car was white, and in 100 degree days the interior in my black/black 06 is just as unbearable as the interior was in my white/light gray car. ****ing hot either way...nothing a little A/C can't fix. if there was a diff in temp it was only a few degrees, and that's sitting in 100 degree sun (before heat index) for a couple of hours.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 AM
STANGLVR
1st Gear Member

Buy black if you love washing your car! I spend, on average, 2 hours washing/detailing my car at least once a week, depending on the weather. My car is garaged 99% of the time and it still gets filthy. I love my car, I wouldn't have it any other color. Your right black does look best, but as they say it doesn't stay beautiful unless you work at it, every flaw, every cleaning error you make (like swirls marks) will show. In warm weather if you dont dry your car fast enough you will end up with water spots that can be seen from a mile away.
Good luck, let us know what you decide
Old 08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

Black is hard to keep clean, but no other color looks better when done right.
It is HOT in the summer. Especially with black interior.
You have to keep plenty of armorall on your dash and other plastic to protect it.
And for the love of God, be sure to always wash your car with a clean rag. Just a little bit of grit in the sponge or whatever will KILL a black paint job.

I spend about 3-6 hours a week detailing mine (inside and out) , but it is a head turner when I get finished.

To be honest I don't know if I'd choose black again or not. But I do love it and so do the girls!

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide (Tusgen or Blk)