Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

V6 dual exhaust bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 12:42 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: V6 dual exhaust bumper?

cheapest i can get a take off right now is 250 sight unseen (on ebay) so i may have to paint it......and my custom shop is 100/hr not the usual 55-75 so my numbers are accurate and the work is guranteed....i pay a little more for labor but i get a little more too..........
bottom line is i need a gt bumper that needs no painting, then its only 100 bucks for em to put it on.....i paid around 450 for the magnaflow, and if you throw in 3 hrs labor at 100/hr then you arrive at 750, mind you i got the pipes, the cut and painted and switched side skirts, (they (the skirts were take off i kept my originals) ran around 50 or 100 bucks i dont remember, but they didnt have to be painted, my bill like around 780 to 800 for all of that.

yeah i pay expensive labor but i like the work my shop does

http://www.galpinautosports.com/ <-----------my shop i go to....i like em and they get my business.....dont wanna go nowhere else i trust em.....

phunny
Old 08-17-2006, 12:43 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

"I live in Walnut (borders diamond bar, pomona, and west covina) and work in San Dimas. Haven't registered for the black mustang registry, though. Where in the valley? You should come with afixer, pat6674u, v6mustangknight, and myself the next time we organize a meet and greet! And that means you too Soldshort! "

yeah i would love to do a cruise with fellow stangers

let me know when and where......sounds like fun..........

phunny
Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

im including installation, paint for a gt bumper, the gt bumper and the exhaust for between 1000 to 1200. got my pipes installed and paid for em they way it is now for 750.....i was including all of the stuff, paint is the most expensive, and there are no gurantees your oem take off part will be scratch free i have looked high and low, if you dont have to pay for the bumper to be painted you probabaly could get away with the pipes and bumper installation (including the price for the pipes) for prolly around 800. the placei go may be alittle high but they do awesome work.......watch pimp my ride to see their work......

phunnyguy

unless your installing them yourself you have include labor...i can build a computer but not so good with a car yet......
Diversified and v6mustangstuff or a guy that I know sells them so if you in to getting you head ripped off for PAINT or THE BUMPER. Buy a take off and save hundreds if you want the gt bumper.

OR cut it yourself or have the muffler shop do it for you......
cut it myself or let a guy at midas do it...nah i will let the guys at GAS hanlde my pony its thier specialy, LOL i dont trust me cutting my car or going under the hood etc, a computer i can do, but my pony i will leave that to the experts....hell i met carrol shelby at GAS e one day
Old 08-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

my shop charged me $70 ea flowmaster 40 series muffler, and then $70 an hour to install....800 is a rip. Should be no more than 400 for the pipe/mufflers/fabricated h pipe/install.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:52 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

my shop charged me $70 ea flowmaster 40 series muffler, and then $70 an hour to install....800 is a rip. Should be no more than 400 for the pipe/mufflers/fabricated h pipe/install.

i think what im getting at here is that i had more than that done, and got a good deal, i forgot to add painted 3d carbon side scoops to that list too, so if you add up all i had done when i did my pipes i got a helluva deal,: side skirts painted and installed, dual exhaust with a cut, the exhaust itself, painted side scoops for 850???? with 100/hr labor.......i dont see where the deal is bad ......the only thing i didnt install are the scoops and i will start a thread about the side scoops issue im having......
Old 08-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

im including installation, paint for a gt bumper, the gt bumper and the exhaust for between 1000 to 1200. got my pipes installed and paid for em they way it is now for 750.....i was including all of the stuff, paint is the most expensive, and there are no gurantees your oem take off part will be scratch free i have looked high and low, if you dont have to pay for the bumper to be painted you probabaly could get away with the pipes and bumper installation (including the price for the pipes) for prolly around 800. the placei go may be alittle high but they do awesome work.......watch pimp my ride to see their work......

phunnyguy

unless your installing them yourself you have include labor...i can build a computer but not so good with a car yet......
Diversified and v6mustangstuff or a guy that I know sells them so if you in to getting you head ripped off for PAINT or THE BUMPER. Buy a take off and save hundreds if you want the gt bumper.

cut it myself or let a guy at midas do it...nah i will let the guys at GAS hanlde my pony its thier specialy, LOL i dont trust me cutting my car or going under the hood etc, a computer i can do, but my pony i will leave that to the experts....hell i met carrol shelby at GAS e one day
Do you have any pics of your car?
If you spend as much money getting your head ripped off why did you not get the gt....parts labor and all that good stuff you probably have put 100,000 dollars on your car the way you make it sound. YOU my friend are paying for the name of the shop also not just the labor......thanks for keeping them on mtv I like watching the show... my .02
Old 08-17-2006, 01:02 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

i cut mine in 5 mins with an exacto knife
Old 08-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

just saw the pics my bad still paid too much funnyguy
Old 08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

phunnyguy

Do you have any pics of your car?
If you spend as much money getting your head ripped off why did you not get the gt....parts labor and all that good stuff you probably have put 100,000 dollars on your car the way you make it sound. YOU my friend are paying for the name of the shop also not just the labor......thanks for keeping them on mtv I like watching the show... my .02

pics of my ride are at the top of the thread, glad you like pimp my ride .....im hoping to test the game.............

nice ride, i enjoy the show and its the only thing mtv has on that is worth anything in terms of entertainment value, i am also a pinks fan on the speed channel......

besides im not syaing i got the best deal, of anyone here, the guy asked and i gave an honest answer, what i find intresting is no one has asked me if i like em how they sound or how they have performed or even if i have had any problems, LOL.....everyone is jacking me on what i paid and not even asking if im happy with it, im starting to regret trying to give the guy an honest answer...and to answer your questoin about the gt ...i didnt get it because, better mileage on the v6 : more money left over to customize my stang : and bottom line, less on insurance......id love a gt but iwhile i can afford one it is theinsurance thats a killer ....with or without points insurance is pricey in los angeles in general, and im not doing a bare bones insurance on my stang, i made sure im coverd.....
Old 08-17-2006, 01:10 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

cheapest i can get a take off right now is 250 sight unseen (on ebay) so i may have to paint it......and my custom shop is 100/hr not the usual 55-75 so my numbers are accurate and the work is guranteed....i pay a little more for labor but i get a little more too..........
bottom line is i need a gt bumper that needs no painting, then its only 100 bucks for em to put it on.....i paid around 450 for the magnaflow, and if you throw in 3 hrs labor at 100/hr then you arrive at 750, mind you i got the pipes, the cut and painted and switched side skirts, (they (the skirts were take off i kept my originals) ran around 50 or 100 bucks i dont remember, but they didnt have to be painted, my bill like around 780 to 800 for all of that.

yeah i pay expensive labor but i like the work my shop does

http://www.galpinautosports.com/ <-----------my shop i go to....i like em and they get my business.....dont wanna go nowhere else i trust em.....

phunny
You like GAS huh? They do some dumb crap on Pimp My Ride, but they're do it well! I was telling my friend to give GAS a visit, he needs his 90 Celica Alltrac Turbo re-upholstered.. or completely fixed.

phunny, you should give Diversified Marketing Solutions a call. Don't bid on their ebay items, just call them up, and ask them what's the lowest they can do on a rear GT bumper. I got nearly $100 knocked off my bumpers for calling them, another $100 off for picking it up in Cerritos, and another $40 off my 17" GT take offs... all by calling them.

Quick Reply: V6 dual exhaust bumper?