Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Center Spinners

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

Default Center Spinners

I noticed that in the Ford accessories online, the spiner caps are $90 for a set of 4. Also if you want the pony emblems, its another $70ish i think, can't remember. so about $170 give or take. now BRS has the same sort of kit, but sells for $200, they are close in price. Anyone have any experence with either? i noticed that the BRS site says they rotate so you can clean the wheel, didnt noticed the ford site saying much really. thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Center Spinners

I have the spinners with the pony on them from Ford, they were only $95 with tax. They rotate so you can clean the wheel also, pretty stiff when installed.

The difference, i believe, between Ford's and BRS is how they stay on. Ford's is held on through a crimp ring (is that what it's called?), with some strength, it can be pulled off, but may break the spinner in the process, i've tried, had to replace one [sm=boohoo.gif]. BRS is locked by slip clutches or something like that if i remember corectly.

Also, with Ford's, you replace the caps completely, BRS's reuses them if you get the ones that do.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

thanks a ton. might as well go with Ford's. i got an email saying everything is 15% off right now...you were most helpfull
Old 08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

The ford Spinners are plastic. The BRS spinners are metal.

I bought the ford spinner new from a dealer on Ebay for $70

I was worried about them not being secured. I used a brass sliding closet door handle the same size as the inside of the spinner and attached it to the spinner once it was installed. Now there is no way of removing the spinner with out tremoving the tire first. Here are a set of instructions and pictures:

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/spinnerLock.htm
Old 08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I got mine here ... much cheaper ... and it took about a week to arrive even though they were on back order ....

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...NTERCAP&page=2
Old 09-04-2006, 08:41 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

By far, this is the cheapest price I have seen for the spinners. Too bad I had already purchased mine. Thanks for the site....
Old 09-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: dmhines

I got mine here ... much cheaper ... and it took about a week to arrive even though they were on back order ....

Great price, but it makes me wonder about the quality of the material they use. Do you know if they are plastic or metal...or something else?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

Great price, but it makes me wonder about the quality of the material they use. Do you know if they are plastic or metal...or something else?
they're ford's so they're plastic.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

They are factory Ford ... came in the original Ford boxes .... so yes ... they are plastic ...