Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Where to put Pony Emblem???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:59 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

Default Where to put Pony Emblem???

I have a V6 Deluxe with the sport appearance package (spoiler & side stripes). I'm getting a Pony Emblem (one only - left side) like from the Pony Package. It was about $13 so I figured I'd order it.

My basic plan is to put it where it would typically go just behind the front wheel well (not sure what to call this area), but I'm interested in any suggestions as to where else on the car it might look good?

Also... this is a Ford part.... do these things come with double sided 3M tape or do they require drilling holes? I think I read once that they have posts on them that could be broken off so you could use double sided tape?

I don't like to over do the decorum on the car OK... but I do like the Pony emblem and kind of want one more somewhere on the car. Any input appreciated.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:05 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Where to put Pony Emblem???

https://mustangforums.com/m_968605/tm.htm
Old 08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

The OEM Ford emblems have pins on the back, these are the ones I <and many i think> have,

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...s&CatKey=74-01
Old 08-31-2006, 05:34 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

Those are both great links... thanks! One tells me the correct placement if I want to go "standard". And even if I do go with a standard placement, I am still just using one (to remain somewhat non-standard... lol).

The other link with the pair for $19 is pretty good.... and those are two-sided tape adhesive emblems. Man... I should've looked around, but ordered mine on impulse. It is from partscheap.com and they claim these parts are the Ford warranted parts. So it looks like mine will have pins.... I'll have to wait until I get it to see if I really want to install it with pins or break them off and use tape.

But... still open for ideas/suggestions for other (not the standard) locations to install a Pony Emblem that might look good?
Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

Hmm.. I suppose this thread belongs more in the "appearances" section? I just thought V6 Pony Package when I wanted to ask about the emblem. Mods... feel free to move this if you think it should be.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:59 PM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

The OEM Ford emblems have pins on the back, these are the ones I <and many i think> have,

These are the ones! For Godsakes! Putting just one on would be idiotic! I hope your kidding. [sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=wakeup.gif]
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LiquidLenny

ORIGINAL: jericho73

These are the ones! For Godsakes! Putting just one on would be idiotic! I hope your kidding. [sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=wakeup.gif]
LOL.... I can see that, but on a casual cruise who would really know anyway? Fact is, I was indeed looking for thoughts on this one and that is a good point of view. Also, I really don't want to fool around with the whole pin breaking thing. I put on some rain deflectors from Ford that came with 3M tape and stuck 'em right to the paint. They are just as solid as if they are part of the car... and I live in hot, hot, humid, humid Houston.

So... I might lean towards getting that $19.99 pair of self-sticking Pony Emblems and just put my Ford emblem on a wall or something in the house.... hehe. No, really... I like such things used on walls for decor.

But.... still.... what other locations outside the standard spot would be decent for a Pony Emblem whether I do a pair or a single?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:01 PM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

back of the trunklid...which side depends on the direction of the pony.
have you thought about maybe putting it on the inside? i think on the dash trim would look good...on the right side by the far right passenger air vent...that was too hard to explain[:@].
Old 09-01-2006, 03:07 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldenglory18

back of the trunklid...which side depends on the direction of the pony.
have you thought about maybe putting it on the inside? i think on the dash trim would look good...on the right side by the far right passenger air vent...that was too hard to explain[:@].
Haven't though of inside yet... might actually like that. If I wind up getting that pair of adhesive emblems, then I might put the "extra" one inside.

If I stick to just one though and go ahead and break off those pins and use 3M tape.... I do like the thought of putting on the back of the trunk lid. The one I am getting should be running from right to left (the order description said "left side" - I understood this to mean driver's side?).... if so.. this would look "correct" if I go for the trunklid area.

Thanks for the suggestions!