Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Walk around mod vid-----

Old 09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default Walk around mod vid-----

Ok guys, I cant seem to find a good camera for pictures, so until I can get back to work and borrow one I took a vid today to show you some recent shots.

Now listen, the video camera gave me problems the whole time, it recorded no sound except for a static sound that was very loud so I recorded a song over it to mask it. The song is the only song left on our old computer so bare with me. Try to focus on the car and not the video itsself.

Enjoy [sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Walk around mod vid-----

I guess I should go to the George lucas school of film lol--I aint mad at ya.. Next film project arriving Thursday. (with car sounds!)

Later ....
Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

flewbyu,

Quick question..did you paint your break calipers silver? As you can see I also have a black stang and was considering painting the caliper black and adding a pony or GT logo on them to contrast the rest of the wheel and compliment the rest of the car. Also, noticed that you are from Maryland, I am from VA. Any good mustangs shops up there? By the way, just finished installing a Roush hood scoop and plan on keeping it just black withuout stripes. Check it out.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:26 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

TPony- No I did not paint them silver, they are the stock color. I plan on painting them black this week, will post some pics when I do. I want to see the black peek through the spinning chrome. Looks cool to me.

I like the scoop, how long did the install take? I wanted to get one but held off until I decided if I wanted the shaker hood or not. Have not decided yet.

As far as adding a pony or gt logo etc, They already say Ford and I think that looks pretty cool. You can see the Ford pretty well but with some wheels you cant see it. Did you already have the logo size etc, picked out?

As for shops---Well, not really. I go across state lines to Delaware for Dyno etc. Small stuff I use a regular garage or the dealer. Depends on what kinda stuff you mean.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:21 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Agree, the black through the chrome will look very good.

Installing the scoop took me about 2-3 hours. Some folks may have done it faster. I took it as slow and careful as I could. But, like some other folks will tell you...drilling seven holes on your hood it's nerve wrecking. The scoop came with a paper template that made things easier. I even ironed the paper, yes you heard right...I ironed the paper template to get it as stright and flat as possible. Call me crazy. I had a post earlier somewhat bitching about the Rousch fasteners that came with the hood scoop. I thought there were a little bit flimsy and they looked as if they would not hold the scoop securely in place. I have to tell you, not the case. The scoop is secured enough to not even shake, move or otherwise while hauling *** on I-95.

As for the logo, you are right. The Ford logo looks good. Did not realize that it was there until you mentioned it.

We have a shop down here http://www.springfieldmotorsport.com/ that does nothing but mustang work (all types), but is like the only one around. I thought there was a similar one up there.

Looking forward to those pics!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:33 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Va is a bit of a hike from me. I will do a search to see how far away the shop is, I think its like 2 hours or more. Evolution is about 1 hour from here. Alot of people like them, I am considering them for work. I gotta go to Delaware or PA to get good work done it seems. I posted the question about where to get work done in Maryland when I first joined a few months ago. Not one reply! I said screw it.

I'm in Harford County. (North of Baltimore)

Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Oh sure now I hear of a shop just 30min north of me (Fredericksburg VA) who sells Cervini...Damit I ordered direct...... [long period of profanity directed at self]

Anyway back to the post, car looks hot, we should get together some time im up in howard county every once in a while, I also spend a good amount of time in Rockville area as well as So Md. so yea, it would be cool to get together and talk/cruise a bit.

my car is in the shop now but I'll have it back in about a week.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:22 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Thanks man! Believe it or not I lived in Rockville many years ago and know it well. I drive through there (270) when I go to visit my parents. I was just there last Sunday. We may be able to hook up one day. Always cool to hook up with fello Stangs! Love pissin off the Ricers when they see us rollin by and they cant touch us!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:25 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Va is a bit of a hike from me. I will do a search to see how far away the shop is, I think its like 2 hours or more. Evolution is about 1 hour from here. Alot of people like them, I am considering them for work. I gotta go to Delaware or PA to get good work done it seems. I posted the question about where to get work done in Maryland when I first joined a few months ago. Not one reply! I said screw it.

I'm in Harford County. (North of Baltimore)

Sry just read this part, its not too far I think your lookin about 1:15-1:30 min to get there. Its all highway too and until you hit the Wilson Bridge your free to use radar detectors and providing there is no police stand off on 495 of course.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:38 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Got ya!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Walk around mod vid-----