Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

MRT Hood Struts - And bad comments ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:48 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default MRT Hood Struts - And bad comments ?

I want to do hood struts and have settled on MRT's because they require no drilling and are out of the way.

I found several positive comments. ANY NEGATIVE comments on these struts?? Anybody finding that with time they are less thrilled with these struts ?????
Old 09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MRT Hood Struts - And bad comments ?

i love mine. they definitely rock.

some have problems realigning hood after loosening the bolts but that's not an MRT problem.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:48 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Any tips on getting it alligned ???
Old 09-18-2006, 06:45 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

have an extra hand to keep the hood steady and do one side at a time. I accidentally stripped the hood thread and took it to a body shop to fix it. they did it for free.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:10 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Well... since you were looking for bad comments I wasn't going to say anything... but...

One of my very early mods was hood struts... being a complete newbie I went with the RedLine's... I thought they looked better than the MRT... silly me... It didn't take me long to realize that they made cleaning or working in the engine bay a REAL PITA!!! Of coures the Redlines required drilling which again as a newbie i didn't really think about.. Well, the Redlines were just horrible for really working on the motor so when MRT did the motor swap / Vortech Scott made and executive decision and rippied the Redlines out and put in a set or MRTs! I will tell you honestly, I couldn't be happier! It is so nice to be able to wipe of my valve covers, etc, without those dang Redlines getting in the way!!! LOL! So maybe the MRT's aren't as nice to look at as the Redlines (or other) but functionly they are much better!!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:31 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

on that note i got a set of redline elite unused 100 shipped to your door
Old 09-18-2006, 09:34 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

lol

only if you posted right before scrming
Old 09-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

scrming, do u happen to have any pics of the mrts on the car? I looked on ur site but the hood is completely off in ur vortech pics and everything. maybe i missed it but pics would be nice!!!

tom

ORIGINAL: scrming

Well... since you were looking for bad comments I wasn't going to say anything... but...

One of my very early mods was hood struts... being a complete newbie I went with the RedLine's... I thought they looked better than the MRT... silly me... It didn't take me long to realize that they made cleaning or working in the engine bay a REAL PITA!!! Of coures the Redlines required drilling which again as a newbie i didn't really think about.. Well, the Redlines were just horrible for really working on the motor so when MRT did the motor swap / Vortech Scott made and executive decision and rippied the Redlines out and put in a set or MRTs! I will tell you honestly, I couldn't be happier! It is so nice to be able to wipe of my valve covers, etc, without those dang Redlines getting in the way!!! LOL! So maybe the MRT's aren't as nice to look at as the Redlines (or other) but functionly they are much better!!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

scrming, do u happen to have any pics of the mrts on the car? I looked on ur site but the hood is completely off in ur vortech pics and everything. maybe i missed it but pics would be nice!!!

tom

ORIGINAL: scrming

here ya go!

Old 09-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

they look pretty cool ! thanks for the pics

Quick Reply: MRT Hood Struts - And bad comments ?