Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

CS6 Shelby hood, stripes, wheels installed on my Pony Package (pic)(ps)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:43 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CS6 Shelby hood, stripes, wheels installed on my Pony Package (pic)(ps)

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I'm not crazy about that low profile chin spoiler, and think side window louvers would set it off nicely. Just my opinion.
Here you go rygen I changed the chin spoiler it looks good this way too I would have to think which way to go on this, it def would be cheaper.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:10 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CS6 Shelby hood, stripes, wheels installed on my Pony Package (pic)(ps)

i am keeping my pony package fogs....i think they look more like the classic looking lights on the older models...besides why did you get a pony package if your going to take them off......kinda defeats the purpose......while i like the gt setup the pony looks more classic...i would keep them....i went to the long beach mustang show this weekend and every v6 had the gt front end.....i think the pony package makes it look unique and different....besides....i have had a lot as what kind of mustang it is beacuse you dont see manypony packages onthe road......just a thought.....im keeping mine....put the money towards a CAI or stereo or something......my vote...keep em...

Old 09-26-2006, 01:14 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

i am keeping my pony package fogs....i think they look more like the classic looking lights on the older models...besides why did you get a pony package if your going to take them off......kinda defeats the purpose......while i like the gt setup the pony looks more classic...i would keep them....i went to the long beach mustang show this weekend and every v6 had the gt front end.....i think the pony package makes it look unique and different....besides....i have had a lot as what kind of mustang it is beacuse you dont see manypony packages onthe road......just a thought.....im keeping mine....put the money towards a CAI or stereo or something......my vote...keep em...

No I am not taking off the Pony Package grille (no way) what gave you that ideal?

Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

someone kinda suggested and i was only giving my opinion......i think your ride would look hot like in the ps job......thats all im saying.....ntohing more nothing lesss........

heres mine...seems we have some similar tastes in color....

Old 09-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

i was never a huge fan of the pony package lights or whatever but i must say w/ that hood and the stripes... it really does look great... im not a huge fan of the stock bumper tho, never was and thats one of hte first things i changed, lol...
Old 09-26-2006, 01:06 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Ya i suggested changing them to see how a GT light would look on it. But hey im all for the Pony Package lights i wouldve got them if i couldve but since the GT set is cheaper im gonna get the GT set instead of the Pony Package.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

the PP grille defrinately has that retro look, but it does not look good at all on the new cars IMO. Maybe if the honeycomb area around the lights was more clean cut it would look better.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:50 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

someone kinda suggested and i was only giving my opinion......i think your ride would look hot like in the ps job......thats all im saying.....ntohing more nothing lesss........

heres mine...seems we have some similar tastes in color....

Very nice looking car phunnyguy, I don't know if you saw Espona Black Stang (that the cars name think can't remember the members name) he ran high polished or chrome strip around (outlined) the grille I think it looks good. I actually was driving down the road one day and some guy out here did the same thing on his PP grille it also looked very good very retro. I have thought about doing this myself in the past.

That side view of you car the way you took the picture gave the allusion for a second there you had a low rise cowl induction hood.

I like the bullits what size rim and tires did you go with?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:12 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all the comments guys!

When ever I do something in PS if I really like it I post it sometimes just to get some feed back knowing beauty is in the eye of the beholder so not every one will like what I like but it was pretty positive with the PP grille. I also post incase it gives someone else an ideal if thinking the same thing.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

What do you think on a Pony Package?
Take a look at my PS pic,lol.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49137/8E1FA317E8E043D09A8F35EFB8C49AFB.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: CS6 Shelby hood, stripes, wheels installed on my Pony Package (pic)(ps)