Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Need info on GT grille

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:10 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Default Need info on GT grille

I have an opportunity to buy a GT grille for a good price. I understand that there are some tabs to cut off and some minor modifications necessary to get it to fit into a V6 bumper. Could anyone be a little more specific? Or maybe direct me to a good thread that shows exactly what has to be done to make it fit. When you do manage to get it in, does it fit like it's supposed to, are all of the surfaces flush, or does it have a little Frankenstein look to it? Thanks, Dave
Old 11-27-2006, 11:18 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need info on GT grille

I like your hood scoop. Which one is it? and where did you get it from?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2006, 01:09 AM
localgod11
2nd Gear Member

try the search function some did a write-up on how to do it that was pretty good.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:41 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I love how ever so often you get the people who say stuff so off topic lol *hood scoop*....How much are you getting it for? You also need the wire harness for it.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:39 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

I love how ever so often you get the people who say stuff so off topic lol *hood scoop*....How much are you getting it for? You also need the wire harness for it.

Tell ya the truth, it got away. I waited too long and didn't get my info quick enough. I hope that someone will answer this thead that has done the swap and has specific information. Yes I will be needing a wiring harness too. I have left a couple emails with Street Scene and they haven't responded to any of them. I guess I'd like to know some other sources for the harness. I'm pretty sure that if I have to kiss their butt just to buy something from them, their customer service probably isn't much better. One of the threads tells what a guy would need to build his own. If the thread would have had a few pictures of the process and maybe some instructions for the actual construction, I would try it. I don't imagine that it's too tough.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:41 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

It's a Roush hood scoop. Got it off ebay for $109. Got the emblems from Autobadges. They are a sponsor of these forums.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:44 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: localgod11

try the search function some did a write-up on how to do it that was pretty good.

I've tried the search and have looked through quite a few threads. Still can't find what I'm looking for. Do you know the name of the thread, so I can search it?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

To 68XR7 - thanks for the info. Sorry it took so long to give you this information, but I wanted to verify it to ensure its accuracy. I found the wiring harness from the following web sites: V6 Mustang stuff - Grilles and Performance Center

The first link lists the Street Scene wiring harness for around $80. The second one you have to call them and they can ship it seperately from their kits. Also I found the wiring harness alone at: Latemodel restoration mustang parts. this wiring harness works with the Ford OEM switch with fog light option, which they also sell.

As far as fit of the GT grill on the V6, You need to modify the GT Grill and your front bumper cover to make it fit. In some cases, it was found not to fit tightly and there was a gap on the bottom of the grille and the bumper. This gap, depending on size, can not be seen at a distance. It can look like a frankenstein if you are not careful. Further down the page on the third link is a complete V6 to GT grill conversion with the same grill you would get from your local Ford dealership for that application.

I hope this helps.

To HurricaneStang - Thank you for the correction in a very sarcastic way. It warms my heart to know that there are individuals out there who comb the forums, that are not moderators, keeping us newbies to the forum scene from getting too uppity. lol

Mark
Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Mark!
I appreciate the work and the links. I found the wiring harness. Nice to see it's on sale. Thanks again, Dave
Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 AM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Not a problem Dave. It looks like, from the plate on your car, that you are from Iowa. How could I resist not helping a fellow Iowan, even if I am now in Southern Cali (not by choice)? You have to let me know how it turns out. Enclosed is a picture of my baby. I have helped to do a couple of these conversions. They always turn out the best if you use a custom made V6 grille designed for foglights. The kit from Late Model Restoration is the one I plan installing on my car. Once I finish my interior.

[IMG][/IMG]
Mark

[IMG]local://upfiles/53869/A6B268442B644CCB9685BCCB101B8151.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Need info on GT grille