Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

rear bumper swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
vtmikeyp

Default rear bumper swap

just recently the rear bumper on my 2005 V6 was scratched up, with paint chipping off, a small dent and a small puncture. no idea how this happened as i noticed it after returning from work one day. i took it to the local body shop for an estimate and the guy there said they would just replace the bumper as opposed to repairing it because of the puncture. The estimate was $550. I've heard its fairly easy to remove the bumper and put a new one on. I've looked and found several places selling GT take offs but always advertising the possibility of minor scratches (for example: http://blueovalindustries.bluekeyinc...p?pid=99012865). Has anyone who's bought take offs ever had problems with real noticable scratches or damage to their piece?

this seems like a good time to upgrade (since i need a new bumper anyways) to GT look and/or exhaust since the package i referenced above includes GT mufflers. The only draw back to buying the GT bumper is that would force me to buy a matching GT front bumper. Anybody know where i could possible buy a V6 take off bumper? This would be cheaper as i wouldnt need to replace the front and i could cut the V6 bumper for the dual exhaust.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:01 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: rear bumper swap

you do not need to buy the front gt bumper. go to v6mustangstuff.com or go to diversified marketing (store on ebay) they have all take off stuff for really cheap. Dont get v6 bumper painted its a waste of money.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

For V6 takeoffs check ebay, I think casco tech on ebay sells V6 takeoffs, and for Gt takeoffs check http://american-speed.com/collective...splay.php?f=26 I got my Gt takeoffs from him, great guy, good price, and got everything within a week in perfect condition you cant beat it. Good Luck with your decisions!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:22 AM
vtmikeyp

thanks guys... checked out both ebay stores, waiting to hear on color availability... diversified has a GT front/rear/mufflers combo for $460 + ship (roughly the price the shop quoted me for the back replacement), cascotech has a single v6 bumper.

Justin_R it looks like you have the GT rear bumper and the v6 front bumper, but its hard to tell from your pics. what are your thoughts on going with just the gt rear bumper? i guess i thought it would look akward, but maybe not
Old 12-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Well I have the Gt Rear bumper and side skirts and the V6 Front bumper, It looks pretty good doesnt look that bad, but later down the road I will be changing it to a Gt front bumper, would like a roush front bumper but its just to much.

ORIGINAL: vtmikeyp

thanks guys... checked out both ebay stores, waiting to hear on color availability... diversified has a GT front/rear/mufflers combo for $460 + ship (roughly the price the shop quoted me for the back replacement), cascotech has a single v6 bumper.

Justin_R it looks like you have the GT rear bumper and the v6 front bumper, but its hard to tell from your pics. what are your thoughts on going with just the gt rear bumper? i guess i thought it would look akward, but maybe not
Old 12-04-2006, 12:51 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Hello vtmikeyp,
What color are you looking for?

Cheers!

Eddie
Old 12-04-2006, 01:06 AM
vtmikeyp

redfire...

i guess if cascotech doesnt have a v6 bumper in my color ill just put the GT bumper on and add the dual exhaust... thanks for the help!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:27 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Hey vtmikeyp,
I would try Diversified Marketing for the best price...................just ask for Nick!

Cheers!!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:25 AM
06torchstang
1st Gear Member

If you choose to stay with the V6 bumper and you have a Torch Red Mustang, I'll sell you mine for $75 + shipping.

Right now I have just a GT bumper on the front and I think it looks weird b/c the rear bumper does not have the extra 2 inches of bottom. I just bought a rear GT bumper on ebay. The matching bumpers seem to flow better, especially with the rocker panels. Hopefully, I'll be swapping those out for GT's soon.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
vtmikeyp

thanks for the offer but i have redfire...

still waiting to hear from cascotech on color availability, tried calling but got a machine

Quick Reply: rear bumper swap